D2:Views in Local SQL (Paradox) ?

Hello *,

I am developing a database application in Delphi. I just switched from
D1 to D2, and in the description of the new SQL Query Engine, I see the
following features:

- "Expressions are allowed in GROUP BY ..."
I tried it out: no way.
"SELECT EXTRACT(MONTH FROM ORDER_DATE) MON, SUM(ORDER_AMOUNT)
FROM ORDERS
GROUP BY MON;"

   ->Capability not supported

-View definitions
Question here is, where do you have to define it? I tried to put a
CREATE VIEW in a TQuery, but again, I get a 'Capability not supported'.

CREATE VIEW is very briefly described in the local SQL help file (in the
DDL chapter), where it says that "CREATE VIEW is supported in
conjunction with the Client Data Repository (CDR)". I've searched
everywhere for other references to this CDR, but didn't find any.

I know views are possible with Interbase (I have used them quite often),
but especially with Borland's new deployment policy for local Interbase,
I want to stick with Paradox. However, I really need at least one of
these features (so as to be able to group per month).

I'm using Paradox 5.0 tables with Delphi 2.0 Developer on Win95.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Greetings,
Bruno
--