Programm's opinion, please

Though I know that it just might be that I am over worked... and under
payed, or that is just pure stupidity, there is a class that is not
behaving as expected and I just can't understand why! When I first wrote
the class, I realized the problem and  told myself "not a biggie, I'll get
to it later". Well, *now* is later, but *now* I cannot find the solution
to the problem. So, here I go asking for help again: I have class called
Exception that I wrote for, you got it, Exception handling. This class
receives six pieces of data that well described in the setException method
================================================= virtual void
setException(

  const std::string& TITLE,    // FOR THE ERROR MESSAGE

  const string& FILE,          // WHERE THEERROR OCCURRED

  const string& METHOD,        // ""

  const size_t LINE,           // ""

  const std::string& MESSAGE); // TO BE DISPLAYED

===========
When these data is received each of them is asigned to its corresponding
private variable using a unique setter method that carries the name of the
datum being set, profixed by the word set,  thus LINE('s) setter is called
'Exception::setLine(...)', and the same is true for the rest of the
variables.

When you create an object of this class and feed it with your data, you
can throw the object and once catch(ed) you display the error message by
calling the, of course, Exception::what() method, for more information you
call the Exception::where() method but that is another topic all together.

Well for some reason, the Exception::what() method does not display the
error message. My first reaction was to check if the
Exception::setMessage() method was getting the correct datum in a variable
parameter called msg; using "std::cout << msg << std::endl;"I was able to
display the data passed to Exception::setMessage(). So, it is not variable
passed to Exception::setMessage() that is corrupted. Next was to check it
Exception::setMessage() was in fact able to assigned the data receive to
the appropriate variable. Thus, just before the end of
Exception::setMessage(), by using  "std::cout << Message << std::endl;" I
was able to display the data stored in 'std::string Message'.

Now that I know that the data has been assigned to the correct variable I
should be able to access that data from its corresponding getter, right?
Well, the method Exception::what() makes a call to
Exception::getMessage(), but nothing is displayed. I've tried different
ways to get the proper response from the Exception::what() method but to
no avail.
Now, here is the best part, for some reason right at the end of rope I
decided to check if the Exception destructor could display the info, and
BANG! there it was. Which means one of two things: The data is there but
the compiler got mixed up somehow OR
I am just silly stupid ( don't quot me o this one please)

Can someone tell me if there is a way to ensure that name mangling is
ensured by the gcc-3.2 using Linux Intel?

Thanks in advance

Please note that this only happened when class Exception is used as a
variable in other classes.

--
Jorge Escalante - Software Development Coordinator.

* You cannot exercise your power to a point of {*word*164} of others.
* What does an elephant do when he gets a broken toe?
          -He calls a toetruck