Quick Reports - grouping multiple levels?

If anyone has any examples of how to do this (with 3+ levels) I'd
appreciate hearing from you,

Thanks
Chris.

Re:Quick Reports - grouping multiple levels?

C Fenn wrote:

> If anyone has any examples of how to do this (with 3+ levels) I'd
> appreciate hearing from you,

I just ended fight with QR1.1 and three level grouping using TQRGroup
components. Now the report and grouping works just as it should.
The difficulty is to describe how this actually was done and should be done.
I got my result after several try/try again rounds.

In this report all the QRGroup components have empty DataSource and
DataField properties. The whole grouping is based only to the OnNeedData
-event, that triggers when some selected field changes.
The QRGroup that prints the lattest of the rbGroupFooter bands, has Level
property number zero (0), and the two other GroupFooter bands that print before
this band, have numberings 1 and 2.

I know this was no good explanation...  but that was the best I could make about
this matter. QRDetaiLink is the second choice of making groupings from Master
Detail tables. But in my report I had all the data gathered from several
Tables in to one TQuery, and then the QRGroup was the best method to get the
data in grouped form out of this.

Markku Nevalainen

Other Threads