Creating secondary index fails

Hi,
is there a way to create a secondary index on an alphanumeric field of a
database, which includes spaces and german Umlaute (ae, ue..), with the
addindex method of Delphi 1.0 ??

I cannot make it work! The only solution so far is to emty the table and
execute a batchmove (APPEND). This builds the right index. Every other
method I tried ends up with a non working index!

If I compare the created index files (batchmove vs. addIndex), they are
compoletely different in size and content.

Any Hints???????

Thanks
  Christian

--
---
Christian Bartling

Re:Creating secondary index fails

c...@baracke.rus.uni-stuttgart.de (Christian Bartling) wrote:
>is there a way to create a secondary index on an alphanumeric field of a
>database, which includes spaces and german Umlaute (ae, ue..), with the
>addindex method of Delphi 1.0 ??

Generally : avoid anything like that in a field name. I know it's nice
to have them umlauts in a field name, or a file name for that matter,
but since 90% of our basic system software is done by 7-bit aware US
companies, you're better off just avoiding umlauts.

Marc

Other Threads