Maximum program size

I'm thinking of upgrading to TP 7.0 but I definitly want to be able to
create programs larger than 64k without overlays. Borlands web page does
not indicate what the maximum program size is. Any info on this would be
appreciated.

Re:Maximum program size

In article <3227299A.4...@polarnet.com> Charles Mynatt <cmyn...@polarnet.com> writes:
>I'm thinking of upgrading to TP 7.0 but I definitly want to be able to
>create programs larger than 64k without overlays. Borlands web page does
>not indicate what the maximum program size is. Any info on this would be
>appreciated.

The largest program size depends on how much conventional memory is
available.  And unless you're using a really old version of TP, program size
was never limited to only 64K.  Each unit you use will have its own code
segment with an upper limit of 64K, and the global data segment is limited
to a total (for program and all units) of 64K.  But this doesn't limit your
program to only 64K.

--
Scott Earnest          | We now return you to our regularly scheduled |
siny...@{*word*104}space.org | chaos and mayhem. . . .                      |

Charles Mynatt  <cmyn...@polarnet.com> wrote:

>I'm thinking of upgrading to TP 7.0 but I definitly want to be able to
>create programs larger than 64k without overlays. Borlands web page does
>not indicate what the maximum program size is. Any info on this would be
>appreciated.

What version are you using now? Since 4.0 TP has been capable of using
whole base memory for code provided that no single unit is over 64K. If
you need more than 640K then _BP_ (not TP) 7.0 is an option.  (That does
nothing to break the 64K barriers though)

Osmo

Other Threads