Registering Active X Server un-registers another server!

I have two ActiveX dll servers.  Dll 'A' is a main dll that my
application uses.  Dll 'B' is a utility dll that is run from my
application that also uses interfaces on dll 'A'.  Dll 'A' installs
perfectly into Delphi using the Import Type Library option, and the Icon
appears on the ActiveX tab.  As soon as I install dll 'B', Delphi 5
informs me that it has removed Dll 'A', while Dll 'B' is installed
properly.  What is up here?  Is there any reason why Delphi won't let me
have both installed?

Thanks in advance
Todd Brewer
Galton Technologies.

Re:Registering Active X Server un-registers another server!

In article <3991D414.FDB37...@galton.com>, Todd Brewer
<tbre...@galton.com> writes

>I have two ActiveX dll servers.  Dll 'A' is a main dll that my
>application uses.  Dll 'B' is a utility dll that is run from my
>application that also uses interfaces on dll 'A'.  Dll 'A' installs
>perfectly into Delphi using the Import Type Library option, and the Icon
>appears on the ActiveX tab.  As soon as I install dll 'B', Delphi 5
>informs me that it has removed Dll 'A', while Dll 'B' is installed
>properly.  What is up here?  Is there any reason why Delphi won't let me
>have both installed?

>Thanks in advance
>Todd Brewer
>Galton Technologies.

Do the two servers have distinct CLSID GUIDs or did you create one by
cutting and pasting from the other? If they have the same CLSID use
Ctrl+Shift+G to build a new one.
--
Chris Eyre

Re:Registering Active X Server un-registers another server!

Chris,

Both DLL's have unique GUIDs.  I can also replecate this problem at will with
very simple code.

Todd

Chris Eyre wrote:
> In article <3991D414.FDB37...@galton.com>, Todd Brewer
> <tbre...@galton.com> writes
> >I have two ActiveX dll servers.  Dll 'A' is a main dll that my
> >application uses.  Dll 'B' is a utility dll that is run from my
> >application that also uses interfaces on dll 'A'.  Dll 'A' installs
> >perfectly into Delphi using the Import Type Library option, and the Icon
> >appears on the ActiveX tab.  As soon as I install dll 'B', Delphi 5
> >informs me that it has removed Dll 'A', while Dll 'B' is installed
> >properly.  What is up here?  Is there any reason why Delphi won't let me
> >have both installed?

> >Thanks in advance
> >Todd Brewer
> >Galton Technologies.

> Do the two servers have distinct CLSID GUIDs or did you create one by
> cutting and pasting from the other? If they have the same CLSID use
> Ctrl+Shift+G to build a new one.
> --
> Chris Eyre

Other Threads