trusted connection between bde and mssql server

I have been trying to setup a trusted connection between bde and sql
server with no luck.
It works fine when I use windows odbc driver and go from
bde->odbc->mssql server
but not when I use the native bde mssql driver.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Rolf Wadstein

Re:trusted connection between bde and mssql server

I think the Native Driver can only use a Connection setup using SQL
Server
database Security.  The Native Driver is a DB-Library Connection.  Also
by using the Native Driver you cannot use some of the eXtended features
of SQL Server 7.0.
In the SQL Server 7.0 Documentation I've read that only Version 6.5
capabliltiy is
supported for DB-library applications.  Basically Microsoft has not
updated/enhanced any of the DB-Library DLL's for the new 7.0 version
they shipped the same ones or a least nearly the same ones that 6.5
used.
Rolf Wadstein wrote:
> I have been trying to setup a trusted connection between bde and sql
> server with no luck.
> It works fine when I use windows odbc driver and go from
> bde->odbc->mssql server
> but not when I use the native bde mssql driver.

> Any help will be greatly appreciated.

> Rolf Wadstein

Re:trusted connection between bde and mssql server

Leave both the user name and password blank.  Make sure they are blank in
the BDE alias also.
This worked for me.  However, with the SQL links (db Library, native driver)
I had some users that could not login and others that could with exactly the
same rights in the SQL Server.  This forced me to the ODBC approach which
has been working fine.

Since M$ is not supporting the db library anymore, using the SQL Links to
SQL Server is precarious.

"Rolf Wadstein" <rwadst...@galaxycorp.com> wrote in message

> I have been trying to setup a trusted connection between bde and sql
> server with no luck.
> It works fine when I use windows odbc driver and go from
> bde->odbc->mssql server
> but not when I use the native bde mssql driver.

> Any help will be greatly appreciated.

> Rolf Wadstein

Other Threads