Blob and Clob Fields

I am using the DOA drivers by allaroundautomtions to access and oracle
database with blob and clob fields.  This has been working for
sometime on oracle 8 enterprise version.  I am using delphi 5, but
changed to DOA drivers due to the limitations of the BDE.
We recently upgraded to oracle 9i, but downgraded to the standard
version of oracle.
Now when I access my blob and clob fields I can edit the values, but
when I call post I get the following error

ORA-00439: feature not enabled: RETURNING clause from this client type

If we log directly into oracle through sqlplus, we can insert values
into the blog and clob fields and commit the transaction, so we do not
know why Delphi would not be able to do the same function.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Very Frusterated.
Karen

Re:Blob and Clob Fields

Ok, I am following up to this myself.  I can run an insert query and
insert values in the clob fields without an error from Delphi, but I
can not edit the values in a dbfield and call post or applyupdates
without receiving the error.

ORA-00439: feature not enabled: RETURNING clause from this client type

Any ideas.
Thanks again
Karen

damians...@shaw.ca (JustMe) wrote in message <news:aaaff51f.0209041258.64bec135@posting.google.com>...
> I am using the DOA drivers by allaroundautomtions to access and oracle
> database with blob and clob fields.  This has been working for
> sometime on oracle 8 enterprise version.  I am using delphi 5, but
> changed to DOA drivers due to the limitations of the BDE.
> We recently upgraded to oracle 9i, but downgraded to the standard
> version of oracle.
> Now when I access my blob and clob fields I can edit the values, but
> when I call post I get the following error

> ORA-00439: feature not enabled: RETURNING clause from this client type

> If we log directly into oracle through sqlplus, we can insert values
> into the blog and clob fields and commit the transaction, so we do not
> know why Delphi would not be able to do the same function.

> Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.
> Thanks in advance
> Very Frusterated.
> Karen

Other Threads