access 2000 / ADO - SLOW - VERY SLOW - HELP

access 2000 / ADO - SLOW - VERY SLOW - HELP
I have a system in paradox.
Because of the problems of index/header corruption  I try to use
access 2000 using  ADO. It does not lose more index but this is
too slow.. This making impracticable the system. Anyone knows what
I can make to improve the performance.
Moyses
Thank you

Re:access 2000 / ADO - SLOW - VERY SLOW - HELP

Who's ADO components are you using?  Are you connected via ODBC?
Moyses Perillo wrote:
> access 2000 / ADO - SLOW - VERY SLOW - HELP
> I have a system in paradox.
> Because of the problems of index/header corruption  I try to use
> access 2000 using  ADO. It does not lose more index but this is
> too slow.. This making impracticable the system. Anyone knows what
> I can make to improve the performance.
> Moyses
> Thank you

Re:access 2000 / ADO - SLOW - VERY SLOW - HELP

>access 2000 / ADO - SLOW - VERY SLOW - HELP
>I have a system in paradox.
>Because of the problems of index/header corruption  I try to use
>access 2000 using  ADO. It does not lose more index but this is
>too slow.. This making impracticable the system. Anyone knows what
>I can make to improve the performance.

You will need to provide some specifics of what you are doing that is slower
with Ado/Access than it was with Paradox tables if you expect help and you
should post that question in the delphi.database.Ado section
--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com

Re:access 2000 / ADO - SLOW - VERY SLOW - HELP

I am useing ADOConnection then i choise (use connection string) , build
in provider -> Microsoft jet 4.0 OLE DB Provider
then i select de file file.mdb

http://www.finalfiler.com/delphi/ADO/index.html

"Moyses Perillo" <peri...@gratis1.com.br> wrote in message

> access 2000 / ADO - SLOW - VERY SLOW - HELP
> I have a system in paradox.
> Because of the problems of index/header corruption  I try to use
> access 2000 using  ADO. It does not lose more index but this is
> too slow.. This making impracticable the system. Anyone knows what
> I can make to improve the performance.
> Moyses
> Thank you

Re:access 2000 / ADO - SLOW - VERY SLOW - HELP

Hello Moyses,

have a look at the following site, I found it very instructive:

http://www.finalfiler.com/delphi/ADO/index.html

Regards.

Moyses Perillo <peri...@gratis1.com.br> wrote in message

> access 2000 / ADO - SLOW - VERY SLOW - HELP
> I have a system in paradox.
> Because of the problems of index/header corruption  I try to use
> access 2000 using  ADO. It does not lose more index but this is
> too slow.. This making impracticable the system. Anyone knows what
> I can make to improve the performance.
> Moyses
> Thank you

Other Threads