Developing DPMI DOS applications with Borland c++ 5.02

Can I develop a DPMI 32 or 16 bit application with Borland c++ 5.02?

I saw the command line switches alluding to it. Is there any documentation
and examples?

Thanks,
John
JohnELo...@usa.net

Re:Developing DPMI DOS applications with Borland c++ 5.02

The Borland Dos Power Pack was intended to be used for DPMI 16 bit and DPMI
32 development, and was connected to be used w the Borland C++ 4.x
compilers. In the BC++ 5.02 there may be switches for the compiler, but I
doubt that there will be the necessary libraries for doing this stuff.

Its a long time ago I was doing DPMI programming but you may mail me at
svenne_bergg...@e{*word*277}.com about this subject, I can try to answer it.

// Svenne

Re:Developing DPMI DOS applications with Borland c++ 5.02

With Power pack there is some examples, but very few. And not very useful
either. There is not a big difference betw ordinary stand dos and dpmi
programming, the code looks the same. But when using interrupts in dpmi
things gets quite complicated. DPMI 32 is quite different because all ints
and unsigned ints are 32 bit instead of 16bit.

// Svenne

Other Threads