BDE-Error (35, Record xyz is not in sort order)

Doesn anybody know, how to solve this error 35, Record %lu is not in
sort order?!?

In cause of this error, a lot of records can't be found, which really
exists in the database.

Our clients got angry, so please send me any hint ;)

Thanx

  Stefan Kirch

PS: If possible, answer by EMail (st...@bkr-software.com)  :)

Re:BDE-Error (35, Record xyz is not in sort order)

Stefan Kirch <Stefan.Ki...@bkr-software.com> writes:

> Doesn anybody know, how to solve this error 35, Record %lu is not in
> sort order?!?

I also get this error on several tables.  Alec Bergamini (O&A) said this is
due to special characters in the field the index is created on. I would have
to find the specific records and eliminate the special character(s).

Thus I wrote a sample program that replcaces all characters not in [A..Z][a..z]
with ' '. This reduced the amount of errors, but didn't eliminate _all_ errors.

Can't tell you more and are waiting for more suggestions.

> In cause of this error, a lot of records can't be found, which really
> exists in the database.

> Our clients got angry, so please send me any hint ;)

> Thanx

>   Stefan Kirch

> PS: If possible, answer by EMail (st...@bkr-software.com)  :)

Please post your answers to the newsgroup, because it is interesting for
many others.

Thanks,
   Arne.

--
 | Arne Bayer                                                              |
 | Universit?t der Bundeswehr Mnchen, Fakult?t fr Informatik, Institut 2 |

Other Threads