DLL in resource file?

Is it possible to use a DLL that is stored inside a resource file? If
so, how? Heh, this is escaping me and I cannot find any information on
doing this at all.

Thanks in advance.

Ryan

Re:DLL in resource file?

Im Artikel <380qeukdg2985p4ppg5d5a9icrrik3g...@4ax.com>, Ryan Styles <r...@r.ru>
schreibt:

>Is it possible to use a DLL that is stored inside a resource file?

It works the other way round: a DLL can contain an resource file.

DoDi

Re:DLL in resource file?

VBDis wrote:

[...]

> It works the other way round: a DLL can contain an resource file.

You can put every kind of file inside a resource file.

Take a look at the article 'How to store EVERYTHING (.ANI's,.AVI's,
.EXE's,.JPG's,...) in your .EXE file' on Richard Fellners website [1].

The article 'How to use a user defined resource' [2] seems to be
very interesting, too.

But before you can use a DLL stored in a resource file, you have to
extract it and save it to disk.

[...]

CU,

Juergen

[1] http://www.inner-smile.com/delphifaq.htm#res
[2] http://community.borland.com/article/0,1410,16537,00.html

Re:DLL in resource file?

Thank you very much. This was helpful.

Ryan

>Hi,

>VBDis wrote:

>[...]

>> It works the other way round: a DLL can contain an resource file.

>You can put every kind of file inside a resource file.

>Take a look at the article 'How to store EVERYTHING (.ANI's,.AVI's,
>.EXE's,.JPG's,...) in your .EXE file' on Richard Fellners website [1].

>The article 'How to use a user defined resource' [2] seems to be
>very interesting, too.

>But before you can use a DLL stored in a resource file, you have to
>extract it and save it to disk.

>[...]

>CU,

>Juergen