Reading and Writing UNIX Text Files

Does anyone know of a PASCAL unit (or VCL) that can access UNIX type Text
Files (File I/O for UNIX Text Files from Delphi) ??

bill curtis
billcat...@aol.com

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world, the unreasonable one
persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the
unreasonable man - George Benard Shaw

Re:Reading and Writing UNIX Text Files

Billcatmic <billcat...@aol.com> wrote in article
<19970620154901.LAA24...@ladder02.news.aol.com>...

> Does anyone know of a PASCAL unit (or VCL) that can access UNIX type Text
> Files (File I/O for UNIX Text Files from Delphi) ??

> bill curtis
> billcat...@aol.com

> The reasonable man adapts himself to the world, the unreasonable one
> persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress
depends on the
> unreasonable man - George Benard Shaw

It's not that hard to just use BlockRead/Blockwrite to read/write
the files in binary mode.  Finding the "lines" of text is not
that difficult:    UNIX files separate lines with the $0A (line feed)
character, while DOS uses $0D (carriage return) followed by the $0A.

Earl F. Glynn          EarlGl...@WorldNet.att.net
EFG Software              913/859-9557  Voice/Fax
   Scientific/Engineering/Medical Applications
             Overland Park, KS  USA

On 20 Jun 1997 15:49:39 GMT, billcat...@aol.com (Billcatmic) wrote:

> Does anyone know of a PASCAL unit (or VCL) that can access UNIX type Text
> Files (File I/O for UNIX Text Files from Delphi) ??

Get ye to the Delphi Super Page and search for the freeware components
TRichExporter & TMemoExporter (filename is "mr_exp.zip"), which allow
saving to Mac and UNIX formats. The source code includes a simple
procedure  ("ExportToUNIX") which gives you the general idea of how
it's done.
> bill curtis
> billcat...@aol.com

Other Threads