HELP! MS-Access - OLE DAO.DBEngine problem

Does anyone know why I'm getting "Installable ISAM not found" errors
when I try to use CreateDatabase (create an MS-Access database) within
Delphi 2.0.  All the other methods work (so far), including
CreateTableDef.  Within VB 4.0, I found that it had no problem using
CreateDatabase IF I REFERENCED THE DAO through "references", but if I
try to go directly through OLE, I get the above error.
---------------------------
var
  Engine: Variant;
  DB: Variant;

Engine := CreateOleObject( 'DAO.DBEngine' );
DB := Engine.Workspaces[0].CreateDatabase( 'c:\DB1.mdb', dbLangGeneral
);
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
INSTALLABLE ISAM ERROR OCCURS HERE!

DB := Null;
Engine := Null;
--------------------------
Actually, I explicitly use the value of the constant instead of
dbLangGeneral here.

Do you think there is some DLL that's not in some implicit path that VB
knows about?

I would appreciate any comments or suggestions.  Thanks.

--
Bruce Goldstein
Software Engineer

Re:HELP! MS-Access - OLE DAO.DBEngine problem

In article <3266987F.2...@centcon.com>, br...@centcon.com wrote:
>Does anyone know why I'm getting "Installable ISAM not found" errors
>when I try to use CreateDatabase (create an MS-Access database) within
>Delphi 2.0.  All the other methods work (so far), including
>CreateTableDef.  Within VB 4.0, I found that it had no problem using
>CreateDatabase IF I REFERENCED THE DAO through "references", but if I
>try to go directly through OLE, I get the above error.
>---------------------------
>var
>  Engine: Variant;
>  DB: Variant;

>Engine := CreateOleObject( 'DAO.DBEngine' );
>DB := Engine.Workspaces[0].CreateDatabase( 'c:\DB1.mdb', dbLangGeneral
>);
>^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>INSTALLABLE ISAM ERROR OCCURS HERE!

>DB := Null;
>Engine := Null;
>--------------------------
>Actually, I explicitly use the value of the constant instead of
>dbLangGeneral here.

>Do you think there is some DLL that's not in some implicit path that VB
>knows about?

>I would appreciate any comments or suggestions.  Thanks.

I am using OPUS instead of the standard BDE engine and ODBC. It is a lot less
buggy and much faster.

Robert van Hoornaar
Software Engineer, KTI BV

Re:HELP! MS-Access - OLE DAO.DBEngine problem

Hi...I hope you haven't forgotten to include OleAuto in the Uses
clause???
//Stefan

Robert van Hoornaar wrote:

> In article <3266987F.2...@centcon.com>, br...@centcon.com wrote:
> >Does anyone know why I'm getting "Installable ISAM not found" errors
> >when I try to use CreateDatabase (create an MS-Access database) within
> >Delphi 2.0.  All the other methods work (so far), including
> >CreateTableDef.  Within VB 4.0, I found that it had no problem using
> >CreateDatabase IF I REFERENCED THE DAO through "references", but if I
> >try to go directly through OLE, I get the above error.
> >---------------------------
> >var
> >  Engine: Variant;
> >  DB: Variant;

> >Engine := CreateOleObject( 'DAO.DBEngine' );
> >DB := Engine.Workspaces[0].CreateDatabase( 'c:\DB1.mdb', dbLangGeneral
> >);
> >^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> >INSTALLABLE ISAM ERROR OCCURS HERE!

> >DB := Null;
> >Engine := Null;
> >--------------------------
> >Actually, I explicitly use the value of the constant instead of
> >dbLangGeneral here.

> >Do you think there is some DLL that's not in some implicit path that VB
> >knows about?

> >I would appreciate any comments or suggestions.  Thanks.

> I am using OPUS instead of the standard BDE engine and ODBC. It is a lot less
> buggy and much faster.

> Robert van Hoornaar
> Software Engineer, KTI BV

Other Threads