Hot key assignment?

Hi,

Is there a way I can set a hot-key which will activate my program even
when it is not in focus.  Something like pressing Ctrl-Esc anywhere
anytime will activate the task bar in Win95 or the TaskMan in Win31.  I
would appreciate it greatly if someone can point me in the right
direction.  I basically need my program to respond to some hot-key(s)
when the focus is on some other program.

Thanks in advance.  If possible, please cc a reply to me.

Cheers,
Peter
 Peter YW Chiam;  Electrical Engineering 2, National University of Singapore
 < EMail: peter-ch...@mailhost.net >  < URL: http://137.132.20.132/~ptlabs >

        Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good
      works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.  -- Matthew 5:16