multi-user delphi

  You can't easily...   --  Each one would have to install the components
(as the information is stored in the registry ...)

--

Jason Wallace
Work:  Jason_Wall...@intuit.com

"Christian Brffer" <dark-...@gmx.de> wrote in message

> hi people

> i have installed delphi 5 standard on a 16 pc network under the
> admin-account. but only my account has access to the components. how can
> i share the components with all other users?
> it would be nice if someone could help me, because its our
> school-network and we want to start working with delphi (turbo-pascal is
> gone :) ).

> bye
>   \\Christian Brffer

Re:multi-user delphi

Christian Brffer wrote:
> hi people

> i have installed delphi 5 standard on a 16 pc network under the
> admin-account. but only my account has access to the components. how can
> i share the components with all other users?
> it would be nice if someone could help me, because its our
> school-network and we want to start working with delphi (turbo-pascal is
> gone :) ).

Execute the setup again while logged in as a "normal" user but just use
the option (I can't remember the exact words) "just write registry
keys".

Bye, Udo

Re:multi-user delphi

It's not smart running Delphi from a network. If you have 16 users you need
16 licences anyhow. In general it's not smart to share components or
repositories over the network. It will introduce continuous version
problems.

The bottom line install Delphi local on ever machine.

Best Regards Jos Jansen.
Christian Brffer <dark-...@gmx.de> schreef in berichtnieuws
38976D44.A0D75...@gmx.de...

> hi people

> i have installed delphi 5 standard on a 16 pc network under the
> admin-account. but only my account has access to the components. how can
> i share the components with all other users?
> it would be nice if someone could help me, because its our
> school-network and we want to start working with delphi (turbo-pascal is
> gone :) ).

> bye
>   \\Christian Brffer

Other Threads