Board index » delphi » Why not disappear toolbar's icon?

Why not disappear toolbar's icon?

Tell me please, why not disappear toolbar's icon when i close an application
(Delphi4)?

-----------------------
Anatoly Zaitsev

 

Re:Why not disappear toolbar's icon?


Do you close the application or only the application's main window?
If the latter, the application itself keeps running in the background (check
the tasklist to be sure).
You can close the application by using "application.exit", instead of
"FormX.close" (where FormX is the main window).

J.T. Wenting
jwent...@bigfoot.com
www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Hangar/9203

Quote
Anatoly wrote in message <7gtb4m$il...@news2.kornet.net>...
>Tell me please, why not disappear toolbar's icon when i close an
application
>(Delphi4)?

>-----------------------
>Anatoly Zaitsev

Re:Why not disappear toolbar's icon?


I always used FormX.close and no problems. But one simple application don't
work properly.
Application NOT itself keeps running in the background, i checked the
tasklist.
"application.exit" is not correct.
Application.Terminate - gave same result:  toolbar's icon not disappear.

J.T. Wenting <jwenting @ bigfoot dot com> wrote in message
news:926059964.25183.0.pluto.d4ee2b61@news.demon.nl...

Quote
> Do you close the application or only the application's main window?
> If the latter, the application itself keeps running in the background
(check
> the tasklist to be sure).
> You can close the application by using "application.exit", instead of
> "FormX.close" (where FormX is the main window).

> J.T. Wenting
> jwent...@bigfoot.com
> www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Hangar/9203

> Anatoly wrote in message <7gtb4m$il...@news2.kornet.net>...
> >Tell me please, why not disappear toolbar's icon when i close an
> application
> >(Delphi4)?

> >-----------------------
> >Anatoly Zaitsev

Re:Why not disappear toolbar's icon?


Try this
---
M.S.

with MyNotifyStruct do
     begin
          cbSize := sizeof(MyNotifyStruct);
          Wnd := MainForm.handle;
          uID := 1;
          uFlags :=  NIF_ICON or NIF_TIP or NIF_MESSAGE;
          szTip := '';
          uCallBackMessage := WM_TRAYICON;
     end;
     Shell_NotifyIcon(NIM_DELETE, @MyNotifyStruct);

Quote
Anatoly <zayt...@saraco.co.kr> wrote in message

news:7gubd2$7p4$1@news2.kornet.net...
Quote
> I always used FormX.close and no problems. But one simple application
don't
> work properly.
> Application NOT itself keeps running in the background, i checked the
> tasklist.
> "application.exit" is not correct.
> Application.Terminate - gave same result:  toolbar's icon not disappear.

> J.T. Wenting <jwenting @ bigfoot dot com> wrote in message
> news:926059964.25183.0.pluto.d4ee2b61@news.demon.nl...
> > Do you close the application or only the application's main window?
> > If the latter, the application itself keeps running in the background
> (check
> > the tasklist to be sure).
> > You can close the application by using "application.exit", instead of
> > "FormX.close" (where FormX is the main window).

> > J.T. Wenting
> > jwent...@bigfoot.com
> > www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Hangar/9203

> > Anatoly wrote in message <7gtb4m$il...@news2.kornet.net>...
> > >Tell me please, why not disappear toolbar's icon when i close an
> > application
> > >(Delphi4)?

> > >-----------------------
> > >Anatoly Zaitsev

Re:Why not disappear toolbar's icon?


Thanx all.
I solved this problem as followng:
1) Features: Properties of main form is
     BorderStyle := bsNone
     WindowState :=wsMaximized
2) to close application
procedure TDTE.FormKeyDown(Sender: TObject; var Key: Word;
  Shift: TShiftState);
begin
  if key=27 then begin
    Application.MiniMize;
    Application.Terminate;
  end;
end;

Quote
Manfred <yazzyy...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

news:7gv09g$39r$1@dedun.netti.fi...
Quote
> Try this
> ---
> M.S.

> with MyNotifyStruct do
>      begin
>           cbSize := sizeof(MyNotifyStruct);
>           Wnd := MainForm.handle;
>           uID := 1;
>           uFlags :=  NIF_ICON or NIF_TIP or NIF_MESSAGE;
>           szTip := '';
>           uCallBackMessage := WM_TRAYICON;
>      end;
>      Shell_NotifyIcon(NIM_DELETE, @MyNotifyStruct);

Other Threads