TBitmap.SavetoFile Help

Hi all

Just a small problem almost certainly due to my complete
misunderstanding of palettes (Yes I have looked at the EFG site!)

If I have an 8bit bmp that ihave made a palette for using shades of
grey
when i save it - It goes all funny!
wel you know what I mean it doesn't seem to retain the palette I
supplied I get nice(ish) shades of green and such.

Any help?

Also
Does anybody know how to display a 12bit greyscale image using a
palette
the bit format is a word with 4bits of padding followed by a 12 bit
number indicating the grey intensity value

Many Thanks to everybody
(especialy Earl for his excellent site!)

John

Re:TBitmap.SavetoFile Help

John:

John C wrote in message <36a500b4.15561...@news.demon.co.uk>...
>If I have an 8bit bmp that ihave made a palette for using shades of
>grey
>when i save it - It goes all funny!
>wel you know what I mean it doesn't seem to retain the palette I
>supplied I get nice(ish) shades of green and such.

Could you post/E-mail a small code fragment that shows the problem?
BTW, how did you handle the 12-bit greyscale conversion for an
8-bit world?

efg
efg's Computer Lab:       www.efg2.com/lab
Delphi Books:  www.efg2.com/lab/TechBooks/Delphi.htm