Delphi 3.02 and Oracle ODBC Driver v8.00.0400

I am trying to connect to Oracle8 via ODBC with the Oracle-supplied ODBC
driver.

The SQL-Explorer seems to connect OK, my TDatabase seems to connect OK, but
my application breaks in seemingly non-database related aread with an AV.

Access violation at 0x48cf449 read of address oxfff297e4
83 3A 00 74 63 E8 39 10 00 00 64 8B

I am using WinNT and had heard that Oracle 7 had similar problems - I
disabled the trace stuff by changing the names of the registry entries for
OTRACE73 and OTRACE80 to OTRACE73_DECOMISSIONED AND OTRACE80_DECOMISSIONED
respectively.

This has had no effect. Has anyone else had these problems?

- Ian Sparks.

Re:Delphi 3.02 and Oracle ODBC Driver v8.00.0400

What is "aread"?  What does the call stack show when the AV occurs?  Does
the same problem occur when running the standalone EXE not through the IDE?

V/R
Russell L. Smith

Russell L. Smith wrote in message <78glbl$p...@forums.borland.com>...
>What is "aread"?  What does the call stack show when the AV occurs?  Does
>the same problem occur when running the standalone EXE not through the IDE?

No idea what "aread" is, did a search on my sources and didn't turn anything
up.

The call stack resolutely shows nothing when the AV occurs - perhaps I'm
using it wrongly.

The same problem occurs on standalone EXE.

All very odd.

- Ian Sparks.

Re:Delphi 3.02 and Oracle ODBC Driver v8.00.0400

To make the call stack return meaningful information for this type of error,
you should link the VCL source into your application.  Have you done so?

V/R
Russell L. Smith

Ian Sparks wrote in message <78h827$p...@forums.borland.com>...
>The call stack resolutely shows nothing when the AV occurs - perhaps I'm
>using it wrongly.

Re:Delphi 3.02 and Oracle ODBC Driver v8.00.0400

In article <78h827$p...@forums.borland.com>,
  "Ian Sparks" <ispa...@spammenot.com> wrote whatever

Ian sparks is guilty of fraudulent use of this domain, please do nmot respond
to his postings.

Any email reply to ispa...@spammenot.com will result in a complaint to the
person's ISP

Re:Delphi 3.02 and Oracle ODBC Driver v8.00.0400

In article <78ftse$o3...@forums.borland.com>,