Stored Procedures Multiple Rows

Hello,

         I am trying to use a stored procedure to return multiple rows, say
in a resultset type deal, to a jsp but I keep getting that oh so annoying
singleton select error.  I have found several sights and articles that
explain what that error is and why I'm getting it but I need to know if
there is a way to use a stored procedure to return multiple rows.  Any help
is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Randall

---

Re:Stored Procedures Multiple Rows

"Randall Fidler" <rfid...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Hello,

>          I am trying to use a stored procedure to return multiple rows,
say
> in a resultset type deal, to a jsp but I keep getting that oh so annoying
> singleton select error.  I have found several sights and articles that
> explain what that error is and why I'm getting it but I need to know if
> there is a way to use a stored procedure to return multiple rows.  Any
help
> is greatly appreciated.

If you expect multiple rows, the query must be in the form of

    FOR Select .... Do
    Begin
        Supend;
    End

This tells IB to select the records and return them one at a time, using the
suspend statement.

HTH
Woody

Re:Stored Procedures Multiple Rows

Thanks!

"Woody" <woody....@ih2000.net> wrote in message news:3bcdc012$1_1@dnews...
> "Randall Fidler" <rfid...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hello,

> >          I am trying to use a stored procedure to return multiple rows,
> say
> > in a resultset type deal, to a jsp but I keep getting that oh so
annoying
> > singleton select error.  I have found several sights and articles that
> > explain what that error is and why I'm getting it but I need to know if
> > there is a way to use a stored procedure to return multiple rows.  Any
> help
> > is greatly appreciated.

> If you expect multiple rows, the query must be in the form of

>     FOR Select .... Do
>     Begin
>         Supend;
>     End

> This tells IB to select the records and return them one at a time, using
the
> suspend statement.

> HTH
> Woody