DbExpress + MySql / ADO + MySql

Hi everyone!

I'm currently testing to create some applications just for fun,
howvere I get some weird errors trying to connect to a MySql server.

I've read some has had the same problem with the "Access violation in module
dbexpmys.dll" and the answer was to install the update for Delphi, wich I
allready have done. On my system there exists only one dbexpmys, and only
one "LibMySql" so there can't be any mixup. The SQLConnection works fine but
the error pops up when I try to open a query or table.
Any ideas?

I guess the second question doesn't belong here, but anyway..
I have set up an simple AdoQuery that works fine against a MySql Server, and
then added a DatasetProvider and a ClientDataset, and set their properties
correctly. I have noticed that ApplyUpdates generates an error
"[tcx][myodbc]Transactions are not enabled", is there any workaround for
this?

I've read that MySql does not support transactions, but it would be great to
get it to work anyway..

Thanx for listening!
Cheers
/Andreas

Re:DbExpress + MySql / ADO + MySql

Nevermind the dbExpress Question, I was not observant enough
to see the difference between dbexpmys.dll and dbexpmysql.dll..
Sorry..

I guess I'll just go ahead and ask the Ado question where it belongs..
Cya!

"Andreas" <metallicas_wo...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Hi everyone!

> I'm currently testing to create some applications just for fun,
> howvere I get some weird errors trying to connect to a MySql server.

> I've read some has had the same problem with the "Access violation in
module
> dbexpmys.dll" and the answer was to install the update for Delphi, wich I
> allready have done. On my system there exists only one dbexpmys, and only
> one "LibMySql" so there can't be any mixup. The SQLConnection works fine
but
> the error pops up when I try to open a query or table.
> Any ideas?

> I guess the second question doesn't belong here, but anyway..
> I have set up an simple AdoQuery that works fine against a MySql Server,
and
> then added a DatasetProvider and a ClientDataset, and set their properties
> correctly. I have noticed that ApplyUpdates generates an error
> "[tcx][myodbc]Transactions are not enabled", is there any workaround for
> this?

> I've read that MySql does not support transactions, but it would be great
> get it to work anyway..

> Thanx for listening!
> Cheers
> /Andreas