BDE 5 Deployment

Hi,

I have noticed that my version of installshield is not distributing
the following BDE files:-

DISP.DLL, DISP.PAK, IDPROV32.DLL, BDEINST.CAB

What is their exact purpose ?
What are the consequences of these files not being shipped ?

Thanks
Leslie.

Re:BDE 5 Deployment

I have similar problem. I use InstallShield Express
shipped with C++Builder 3 but I upgrated BDE to version
5.11. InstallShield won't add BDE files which were not
included in old BDE. I must add it manually.

"Leslie Milburn" <CD...@bigpond.com> wrote:
>Hi,

>I have noticed that my version of installshield is not distributing
>the following BDE files:-

>DISP.DLL, DISP.PAK, IDPROV32.DLL, BDEINST.CAB

>What is their exact purpose ?
>What are the consequences of these files not being shipped ?

>Thanks
>Leslie.

Re:BDE 5 Deployment

> >DISP.DLL, DISP.PAK, IDPROV32.DLL, BDEINST.CAB
> >What is their exact purpose ?
> >What are the consequences of these files not being shipped ?

From BDEINST.TXT:  To use the BDE in an ActiveX control, deploy the
BDEINST.CAB file...

I don't know about the other files.  I've been deploying the BDE 5.1
since it was released and don't include the disp.dll/pak files (we do
include idprov32.dll as part of the Wise scripts that we use).  We
support 5 different database engines, so as far as I can tell, you don't
need the disp.* files.

--
David R. Robinson
InterBase Installation Info - http://ibinstall.defined.net