ACCESS + BDE 4.51 cached updates bug?

We have been using two master-detail TTables with Access, with cached
updates on: when we change a detail record, all the existing details records
are shown with exactly the same values that the recently changed record !.
Refreshing the detail table won't work.

In any case, when applying the updates, the records are updated ok, and the
correct old values are displayed.

This problem does not exist when using as detail a TQuery instead of a
TTable.

Anybody else has experienced this problem? Any workaround?

Thanks in advance,
Pedro Agullo, IPS Software
i...@redestb.es

Re:ACCESS + BDE 4.51 cached updates bug?

Can you supply a small sample database and project to illustrate what you
are seeing? Which version of DAO are you using, or are you using ODBC?

Juan

Pedro Agull wrote in message <6955gd$7...@forums.borland.com>...
>We have been using two master-detail TTables with Access, with cached
>updates on: when we change a detail record, all the existing details
records
>are shown with exactly the same values that the recently changed record !.
>Refreshing the detail table won't work.

>In any case, when applying the updates, the records are updated ok, and the
>correct old values are displayed.

>This problem does not exist when using as detail a TQuery instead of a
>TTable.

>Anybody else has experienced this problem? Any workaround?

>Thanks in advance,
>Pedro Agullo, IPS Software
>i...@redestb.es

Re:ACCESS + BDE 4.51 cached updates bug?

We have made the same expierences with the MS-Access driver using Cached
Updates.The problem is that the detail-table does not the show the correct
datasets if one changes a detail record.I have tried to reproduce the bug
with Paradox (works fine).

Other Threads