"Not initialized for network file access"

Howdy,
        I was hoping one (or more) of you could shed some light on a problem
I've come across. I've written and tested a program on a machine with
no problem, but I get a "Not initialized for network file/drive
access" (followed by the name and path of the database I'm trying to
access) error when I try to run it on a networked machine. I've been
given all the neccessary rights by he admins to read info from ALL the
directories I put files in. In the program, I specifically tell the
program to go look in a set directory for the database. They (the
databases I use) were all created using Database desktop, and they are
paradox db's. I've tried running the Pxengcfg.exe program, but that
hasn't remedied the problem. All the idapi dll files are in the
directory that the program runs from. It just doesn't make any sense:
I can run the program from a network drive (it works, but it never
reads anything from the databases), but it just flat out REFUSES to do
anything with the databases. PLEASE, does anyone have ANY idea about
how to fix this? Thanks...

 - FireHawk

Re:"Not initialized for network file access"

Chris;

There is a FAQ type file I published a while ago. It should still be in
the

news group.

Hope this helps

When asking for network help you better tell people A) What kind of
network and B) what kind of client.

************************

--
Regards,
Dave Robinson, VP Development

WEBB page: http://mindlink.net/amber_computer/
ASAP-RTS Manufacturing Scheduling and shop floor data collection with
bar coding, and product tagging.
Databases from directories - an OCR and Scanning system to create
marketing databases from directories.

Re:"Not initialized for network file access"

Thanks for pointing me to the FAQ. I would have checked there first
had I known it even existed. It turned out to be something fairly
simple. The admin's had given me read/write access to the directory I
put the program in, but didn't give me write access to the drive that
had the win.ini file. When I tried to save the changes I made to it
(with the pxengcfg.exe program), access would be denied. Since the
paradox configuration program is a windows program, the "access
denied" message didn't show up. Anyway, it all works now (for the most
part).

 - Chris LaFleur (FireHawk)

Other Threads