Page Flip help!!

Hi

Can anybody tell me if it's possible to make the video card reading a
different addres than $A000? MemW[$40:$4E] is supposed to contain the
videopage start address, but I can't get that to work.

Thanks

Pieter

kinv...@worldonline.nl

have nice day :-)

Re:Page Flip help!!

Kapsenberg wrote:
> Hi

> Can anybody tell me if it's possible to make the video card reading a
> different addres than $A000? MemW[$40:$4E] is supposed to contain the
> videopage start address, but I can't get that to work.

The value at memw[$0040:$004e] is the starting *offset*, not segment.  What
mode are you using?  If it's 13h, you really can't page flip because there's
only one page.  In other (standard EGA/VGA) modes, selecting the visible page
is done by either using the BIOS or reprogramming video registers.  Note that
the $0040 memory locations are intended as *reference* only.  Changing those
values usually has little or no effect upon the way the video card operates.

BTW, it's possible to change the segment frame used by the video card, but I
doubt it will help serve your purposes.