Delphi 2.0 -> Delphi 3.0 components

Folks,

I hope someone can give me some advice or pointers. I have been using a
public domain component library for Delphi 2.0, for Blowfish encryption.
Now I have upgraded to Delphi 3.0 I don't seem to be able to re-install
the components, because Delphi 3.0 seems to want *packages*. I may be
missing something of course but the help seems lacking on this.

So, three questions:

1. Is it possible to install a Delphi 2.0-based library in Delphi 3.0?
or
2. Is it possible to convert a Delphi 2.0 library to a Delphi 3.0
package? or
3. Does anyone know of a Delphi 3.0 Blowfish implementation?

Any help much appreciated.

--
Dr Ian Piper                  +--------------------------+
i...@monty.demon.co.uk         | 94 Ducati Monster M900   |

Re:Delphi 2.0 -> Delphi 3.0 components

In article <33EB2B30.26EC8...@monty.demon.co.uk>, Ian Piper

<i...@monty.demon.co.uk> writes:
>1. Is it possible to install a Delphi 2.0-based library in Delphi 3.0?
>or
>2. Is it possible to convert a Delphi 2.0 library to a Delphi 3.0
>package? or
>3. Does anyone know of a Delphi 3.0 Blowfish implementation?

U should B able 2 install them in any of the existing packages or create a
new one.

No, I have never heard of those Hootie components at all.

ih...@aol.com (IH101) wrote:
>U should B able 2 install them in any of the existing packages or create a
>new one.

Also if you have only the D2 DCU files?
When I try to upgrade my 2.0 components D3 asks for the *.pas files

Kris De Decker
After all is said and done a whole lot more is said than done...

Re:Delphi 2.0 -> Delphi 3.0 components

Delphi2 DCU files are not compatible with Delphi3.  You will need the *.pas
source code--just recompile under Delphi3.  If you do not have the source
code, your only hope is that the vendor of the library will offer Delphi3
DCU files.  One advantage of *.DLL libraries is that source code is
generally not need when you change compilers. Good luck.
Gene

Kris De Decker <kdw...@pophost.innet.be> wrote in article
<5sh6jd$ml...@xenon.inbe.net>...

> ih...@aol.com (IH101) wrote:

> >U should B able 2 install them in any of the existing packages or create
> >new one.

> Also if you have only the D2 DCU files?
> When I try to upgrade my 2.0 components D3 asks for the *.pas files

> Kris De Decker
> After all is said and done a whole lot more is said than done...

Re:Delphi 2.0 -> Delphi 3.0 components

You basically need a delphi 3 re-compile of any units that you are using.
Once you have that you can set up your own package. So get in contact with
your supplier and get D3 DCU's from them.

Regards
John Bester

> 1. Is it possible to install a Delphi 2.0-based library in Delphi 3.0?

No, unless you have the PAS and DFM files

> 2. Is it possible to convert a Delphi 2.0 library to a Delphi 3.0
> package?

No, a package is a collection of libraries(units). Delphi 2 does not have
this concept.

> 3. Does anyone know of a Delphi 3.0 Blowfish implementation?

Sorry, can't help you here. Use a seach engine and search for Blowfish

Other Threads