Board index » delphi » D1: Annoying integrated debugging

D1: Annoying integrated debugging

When I compile a project with debug info and hit F9 (or select run) the
integrated de{*word*81} always opens the first available source file and
pauses at the first line executed. As if I had a break point at that
point.

But I don't! No break points at all.

I've recompiled every unit available without debug info or breakpoints,
but no matter what I do the "invisible break point" is still there
somewhere.

Any help appreciated!
--
n...@metodedata.no (9ko D'Champ)
http://www.norconnect.no/~niko/
"Clatu Verata NeckTie"

 

Re:D1: Annoying integrated debugging


ni>When I compile a project with debug info and hit F9 (or select run) the
ni>integrated de{*word*81} always opens the first available source file and
ni>pauses at the first line executed. As if I had a break point at that
ni>point.

This seems to be "one of those things" that just happen with irregular
intervals. I've seen this several times, but have not found out why it happens
or exactly how to get it to stop.

Try removing all .dcu files, perhaps?

--
Mr. HillBilly (hillbi...@programmers.bbs.no)
Programmers BBS er oppe igjen, n? p? tlf. 22217666/22217669!
 tHyperSoft HyperReader 1.0t

Re:D1: Annoying integrated debugging


Quote
Eivind Bakkestuen wrote:

> ni>When I compile a project with debug info and hit F9 (or select run) the
> ni>integrated de{*word*81} always opens the first available source file and
> ni>pauses at the first line executed. As if I had a break point at that
> ni>point.

> This seems to be "one of those things" that just happen with irregular
> intervals. I've seen this several times, but have not found out why it happens
> or exactly how to get it to stop.

> Try removing all .dcu files, perhaps?

> --
> Mr. HillBilly (hillbi...@programmers.bbs.no)
> Programmers BBS er oppe igjen, n? p? tlf. 22217666/22217669!
>  tHyperSoft HyperReader 1.0t

Try to rebuild the project, not just recompile.  If this does not work
closing and opening Delphi usualy works.

Ron
--
Ron Holloway : Software Developer : PARAGON computing
Snail Mail : PO Box 2049, Hermanus, South Africa, 7200
http://paragon.nis.za/        Telefax : +27 283 700622

Re:D1: Annoying integrated debugging


Quote
Ron Holloway <r...@ilink.nis.za> wrote:
>Eivind Bakkestuen wrote:

>> ni>When I compile a project with debug info and hit F9 (or select run) the
>> ni>integrated de{*word*81} always opens the first available source file and
>> ni>pauses at the first line executed. As if I had a break point at that
>> ni>point.

>> This seems to be "one of those things" that just happen with irregular
>> intervals. I've seen this several times, but have not found out why it happens
>> or exactly how to get it to stop.

>> Try removing all .dcu files, perhaps?

>> --
>> Mr. HillBilly (hillbi...@programmers.bbs.no)
>> Programmers BBS er oppe igjen, n? p? tlf. 22217666/22217669!
>>  tHyperSoft HyperReader 1.0t
>Try to rebuild the project, not just recompile.  If this does not work
>closing and opening Delphi usualy works.

Not always. I often delete the DCU's and all the ~* files. Then
restart Delphi. This is the only successful method I can find.

Cheers,
Damien

========================================================
Are you a shareware programmer? E-mail me for info on
something I'm writing to make your life a lot easier!!!
=== "http://204.101.50.93/students/damien/dmhome.htm" ===

Re:D1: Annoying integrated debugging


Quote
dmsm...@voyager.newcomm.net (Damien Smith) wrote:
>>Try to rebuild the project, not just recompile.  If this does not work
>>closing and opening Delphi usualy works.

>Not always. I often delete the DCU's and all the ~* files. Then
>restart Delphi. This is the only successful method I can find.

I've tried it all several times, delete all .dcu's, build all, re-build
every available component without debug info, delete all *.dsm ...

Still one project acts as if there are some hidden break point within
initialization code.

Thanks for all your help anyways!
--
n...@metodedata.no (9ko D'Champ)
http://www.norconnect.no/~niko/
"Clatu Verata NeckTie"

Other Threads