Using Windows API calls to create windows instead of using Delphi's components

Hi, and thanks for reading my post.  I recently saw some source code that
demonstrated how to use windows API calls such as CreateWindow and
CreateWindowEx to create things like textboxes and command buttons.  It
showed that using the API instead of Delphi's components greatly reduced
the size of the application.  Does this also speed up the program?  Also,
does anyone know where I can get a tutorial on doing this?  Because I
think I have a clue on how to create the windows, but not how to make
reactions to events.  Like a click of a button.

Thanks,
Kurt

Re:Using Windows API calls to create windows instead of using Delphi's components

"Kurt" <k_k...@hotmail.com> skrev i melding

> Hi, and thanks for reading my post.  I recently saw some source code
that
> demonstrated how to use windows API calls such as CreateWindow and
> CreateWindowEx to create things like textboxes and command buttons.
It
> showed that using the API instead of Delphi's components greatly
reduced
> the size of the application.  Does this also speed up the program?
Also,
> does anyone know where I can get a tutorial on doing this?  Because I
> think I have a clue on how to create the windows, but not how to make
> reactions to events.  Like a click of a button.

I would recommend you to buy source code for a component library
implementing a "lightweight" WinAPI encapsulation:

http://mercury.spaceports.com/~bonanzas/

--
Bjoerge Saether
Consultant / Developer

Re:Using Windows API calls to create windows instead of using Delphi's components

On Mon, 06 Nov 2000 23:31:00 -0000, Kurt <k_k...@hotmail.com> wrote:

Hi,
Look for Kol (Key Objects Library)
http://kol.nm.ru