GetSystemInfo ???

I tried to allocate virtual memory space. Therefore I want to know the
hosts page-size. It seems to be possible by using the GetSystemInfo
function but lately I am unable to use this functon in the right way.

Can somebody tell me how to get the page-size?

Thank you.

Gerke Preu?ner

mailto:gerke.preuss...@usa.net

Re:GetSystemInfo ???

In article <35114F09.1...@informatik.uni-rostock.de> gerke <ge...@informatik.uni-rostock.de> writes:
>I tried to allocate virtual memory space. Therefore I want to know the
>hosts page-size. It seems to be possible by using the GetSystemInfo
>function but lately I am unable to use this functon in the right way.
>Can somebody tell me how to get the page-size?

If I recall correctly, the page-size on an NT or 95 system is 2K.  But you do
not need to know the page size to allocate virtual memory ...

Re:GetSystemInfo ???

Sundial Services wrote:

> In article <35114F09.1...@informatik.uni-rostock.de> gerke <ge...@informatik.uni-rostock.de> writes:

> >I tried to allocate virtual memory space. Therefore I want to know the
> >hosts page-size. It seems to be possible by using the GetSystemInfo
> >function but lately I am unable to use this functon in the right way.

> >Can somebody tell me how to get the page-size?

> If I recall correctly, the page-size on an NT or 95 system is 2K.  But you do
> not need to know the page size to allocate virtual memory ...

I dont need to know it to allocate virtual memory but I need the exact
page size for my application.

Nobody guarantees for 2kbyte pages...

Re:GetSystemInfo ???

Verily, news-re...@sundialservices.com (Sundial Services) spake thus:

>If I recall correctly, the page-size on an NT or 95 system is 2K.  But you do
>not need to know the page size to allocate virtual memory ...

I thought it was 4k .... but perhaps I'm talking garbage.

MH.

Re:GetSystemInfo ???

On Thu, 19 Mar 1998 17:59:53 +0100, gerke <ge...@informatik.uni-rostock.de>
wrote:

>I tried to allocate virtual memory space. Therefore I want to know the
>hosts page-size. It seems to be possible by using the GetSystemInfo
>function but lately I am unable to use this functon in the right way.

>Can somebody tell me how to get the page-size?

You are right to use GetSystemInfo. If you have problems, reduce your code to
the smallest possible program that manifests your problem, and post the EXACT
code here. Maybe then we can help you.
--
Ray Lischner (http://www.tempest-sw.com/)
Author of "Hidden Paths of Delphi 3: Experts, Wizards, and the Open Tools API"

Re:GetSystemInfo ???

A few minutes ago I found the solution:

The parameter of GetSystemInfo has to be TSystemInfo. It is too easy,
isnt it?

I found some example code on a japanese web-site. Thank you in spite of
that.

My other problem is still unsolved:

Is it possible to change the background color of a selection of
TRichEdit-strings?
If so, how can I do it. If not, which other component allows it?
I want to do it without user-defined components.

With best regards,

Gerke Preu?ner

Other Threads