Problems with text fields using SQL Server 6.5

-We're using Delphi Client/Server 4.0 with SQL Links to MSSQL.
-In one application we need to navigate through a table that contains a SQL
Server Text field.
-In that application we use a TDBMemo component.
-When we try to navigate we receive the message "General SQL Error".
-If we don't use the component (so we don't see the memo values) we
 don't receive the error.
-So we tried with a TMemo component using the After Scroll Event to
 fill the component, but, as a matter of fact, it didn't work either.
-Finally we conclude that the problem wasn't the component. Instead, the
problem was that we couldn't navigate though this kind of field.
-Maybe we need to configure something related with blob fields in the BDE
Administrator.

Please let us know if you have a solution for this problem, we'll really
appreciate your help.

Re:Problems with text fields using SQL Server 6.5

I need more info for help you.
Is a table or query ?
Involve one o more tables ?
your table or query is live  or read only (browse only) ?

For better performace use a TDS PACKET more larger, at least 4096 in BDE
Administrator.

I can't reproduce your problem. I create a table with 2 text fields in MSSQL
6.5 Serv Pack 6.
I insert 3 records with text in memos.
After that I create a form with Database Form Wizard (Expert)  using query
object and I can navigate without problems.

Charlie
PS: Ustedes hablan espa?ol ?

MuniVA escribi:

> -We're using Delphi Client/Server 4.0 with SQL Links to MSSQL.
> -In one application we need to navigate through a table that contains a SQL
> Server Text field.
> -In that application we use a TDBMemo component.
> -When we try to navigate we receive the message "General SQL Error".
> -If we don't use the component (so we don't see the memo values) we
>  don't receive the error.
> -So we tried with a TMemo component using the After Scroll Event to
>  fill the component, but, as a matter of fact, it didn't work either.
> -Finally we conclude that the problem wasn't the component. Instead, the
> problem was that we couldn't navigate though this kind of field.
> -Maybe we need to configure something related with blob fields in the BDE
> Administrator.

> Please let us know if you have a solution for this problem, we'll really
> appreciate your help.

Other Threads