I need a tip for unique incremented values !

Hello everyone,

I'm using IB6 and IBX in multi-users environment.
I need to generate unique incremented values and usually I use generators
for this.

But my customer can't accept 'holes' in the numbers generated as can occur
with generators.

Can anyone give me a tip how to generate a incremented number and to be sure
that the values are contiguous even in a multi-user environment (taking care
of the open transactions) ?

Thanks

Best regards

Frederic SCHENCKEL

Re:I need a tip for unique incremented values !

Not IBX related but VERY, VERY useful :-)!

Checkout an IBO Tech Info Sheets "An Auditable Series of Numbers"

http://www.ibobjects.com/docs/ti_AuditableSeries.zip

Best Regards
Thomas Steinmaurer
IB LogManager - The Logging Tool for Interbase/Firebird
http://www.iblogmanager.com

"Frdric SCHENCKEL" <fschenc...@evc.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> Hello everyone,

> I'm using IB6 and IBX in multi-users environment.
> I need to generate unique incremented values and usually I use generators
> for this.

> But my customer can't accept 'holes' in the numbers generated as can occur
> with generators.

> Can anyone give me a tip how to generate a incremented number and to be
sure
> that the values are contiguous even in a multi-user environment (taking
care
> of the open transactions) ?

> Thanks

> Best regards

> Frederic SCHENCKEL

Re:I need a tip for unique incremented values !

Thanks a lot, this is a precious link

Frederic SCHENCKEL

"Thomas Steinmaurer" <t...@iblogmanager.com> a crit dans le message news:
3b4b64a2_1@dnews...

> Not IBX related but VERY, VERY useful :-)!

> Checkout an IBO Tech Info Sheets "An Auditable Series of Numbers"

> http://www.ibobjects.com/docs/ti_AuditableSeries.zip

> Best Regards
> Thomas Steinmaurer
> IB LogManager - The Logging Tool for Interbase/Firebird
> http://www.iblogmanager.com

> "Frdric SCHENCKEL" <fschenc...@evc.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > Hello everyone,

> > I'm using IB6 and IBX in multi-users environment.
> > I need to generate unique incremented values and usually I use
generators
> > for this.

> > But my customer can't accept 'holes' in the numbers generated as can
occur
> > with generators.

> > Can anyone give me a tip how to generate a incremented number and to be
> sure
> > that the values are contiguous even in a multi-user environment (taking
> care
> > of the open transactions) ?

> > Thanks

> > Best regards