TTable and Ascii files ?!!!

Hello everybody,

I'm trying to import data from Ascii files composed by comma (or other)
separated fields.

I'm using a TTable with the property table type set to ttAscii,
associated with a TBatchMove and a destination  table.

But i've a problem,  an error occurs each times i try to close my
ttAscii Table (~"Incorrect operation pointer"),
ending the process and making the source text files locked.

I can't use the text files again without restarting my WinNT session.

Is there a solution to close the ascii source table correctly and/or
solve this problem ?

Thanks

Re:TTable and Ascii files ?!!!

GIL Etudes <manol...@nosapmgil.fr> wrote:
>Hello everybody,

>I'm trying to import data from Ascii files composed by comma (or other)
>separated fields.

>I'm using a TTable with the property table type set to ttAscii,
>associated with a TBatchMove and a destination  table.

>But i've a problem,  an error occurs each times i try to close my
>ttAscii Table (~"Incorrect operation pointer"),
>ending the process and making the source text files locked.

>I can't use the text files again without restarting my WinNT session.

>Is there a solution to close the ascii source table correctly and/or
>solve this problem ?

Did you try to open and close the ascii table with no TBatchMove
component?

How is your ascii table formatted - maybe the format is invalid. The
best way to check the format is to connect it with a  DBGrid and see if
every value is displayed correctly! I actually mean, you have to scroll
the data a bit and wait if some error pops up saying "Invalid data
value" or something.

Smola
--
"And once again, the day is saved!"