SQL Server 6.5, Delphi 2.0 and Grid updates

I have run into a problem which I have not found an answer for. The worst
part about it, is that the application does not seem to be consistant so
there is no real way of finding out what the problem is.

If you have a DBGrid attached to a TQuery component that gets data from SQL
Server, the grid does act up (even if you are using the grid for live
result sets) . One of the common examples that I have found is that the
grid will not show any more records in the result set that have not been
displayed and the navigator will also act in the same mannor. Result set is
10 records, and the grid can only show 5 records, and the grid / navigator
believes there are only the 5 records. The only way to fix it is to exit
the application and then restart the app.

I would imagine other people in this news group would have run into this
problem, since I know of a couple other people who have run into this
problem locally to where I live.

If anyone can give me some insight on what is happening and how to fix this
real annoying problem, could you please let me know. I have a feeling that
this problem is caused at the BDE level or the TDatabase object

Thanks

Joe