parallel port in delphi2

I need to adress the parallel port in delphi2. I need to put the
databits high or low.

Tried
 IODeviceControl, but that didn't work. Something about formal
parameters must be the same as actual parameters.

Tried
BIOS, but didn't work. Not due to NT (running 95), but due to
something else.

If anyone has any ideas, please post 'm. I'm quite desperate with this
stuff..

Re:parallel port in delphi2

Rene Lowlevel Veerman wrote:

>  IODeviceControl, but that didn't work. Something about formal
> parameters must be the same as actual parameters.

Then get the parameters right.

M.

--
Ettertraktet kaffe, er det ekstra god kaffe?

mailto:martin.lars...@delfi-data.msmail.telemax.no
http://www.delfidata.no/users/~martin

Re:parallel port in delphi2

Rene Lowlevel Veerman wrote:

> I need to adress the parallel port in delphi2. I need to put the
> databits high or low.

> Tried
>  IODeviceControl, but that didn't work. Something about formal
> parameters must be the same as actual parameters.

> Tried
> BIOS, but didn't work. Not due to NT (running 95), but due to
> something else.

> If anyone has any ideas, please post 'm. I'm quite desperate with this
> stuff..

The #74 September issue of Circuit Cellar has just what you are looking
for.  The article is Getting Beyond the Box with Windows 95.  The source
code is on their web site (beyobox.zip) and contains a LPTCON VxD and
has a demo program that will allow you to bit fiddle the data and
control ports.  Good luck.

Jeff Jolie ....shaken, not stirred.

Re:parallel port in delphi2

I have a "Port" unit that works under Delphi2.

With it you can set the address of the parallel port and r/w
all you like under Win95.  This WON'T work under WinNT.

Mail me if you are interested!

Mark
ma...@silcom.com

Other Threads