Passing Objects to a DLL

On Sun, 01 Sep 96 00:32:09 GMT, d...@acslink.aone.net.au (David Lee)
wrote:

>Does anybody have any code/working examples of passing objects as either a
>function/procedure parameter.  As I don't seem to able to do this
>successfully.

There are several difficulties with this, as detailed many times in
this newsgroup. Briefly: run-time type information (needed for IS and
AS operators) do not work as expected; in D1, methods must be
exported; in D1 and D2, you need a way to use a single class
definition in the EXE and the DLL.

The October issue of Delphi Informant will have an article on this
topic, describing the problems in detail, and presenting solutions for
D1 and D2.

--
Ray Lischner, Author of Secrets of Delphi 2 (Waite Group Press)
Tempest Software, Corvallis, Oregon, USA  http://www.tempest-sw.com

Re:Passing Objects to a DLL

Does anybody have any code/working examples of passing objects as either a
function/procedure parameter.  As I don't seem to able to do this
successfully.

David Lee

Other Threads