Problem deleting records in a table using MS-SQL 6.5 Delphi 4 and BDE 5

I am running a Delphi 4 program via BDE 5 against Microsoft SQL Server,
and have problems deleting records from the following table:

ID, Date, Status,    where ID and Date are primary keys.

Its ok to delete one/many/all records in the table using

" delete from Table-name where date>='01-01-1999' "
or
" delete from Table-name where date='01-01-1999' "

when there is only one record which holds a certain date let's say:

" 1, '03-15-1999', 2 "
" 1, '03-16-1999', 2 "
" 1, '03-17-1999', 2 "
etc...

But when I try to delete records using the same SQL-order and there are
many records holding the same date such as:

" 1, '03-15-1999', 2 "
" 2, '03-15-1999', 2 "
" 1, '03-16-1999', 2 "
" 2, '03-16-1999', 2 "
etc...

the program goes dead, and after approx. 10 min I get the message:
"Server time lock out" or something like that.

Is there anyone who can help me with this, its kinda urgent

Jari Hjollum
email j...@formula.fo