URGENT! PRoblem with Interbase 6.01

This problem is realy urgent !!!!

i use Interbase 6.01 and added some new Tables and some Generator and got
following error

"internal gds softwaew consistency check (can't continue after bugcheck)"

i get this error in interbase Console and in my delhi application.

Be glad for any help

Thanx in advance

regards

Andreas

Re:URGENT! PRoblem with Interbase 6.01

Try repairing the database with gfix then do a backup and restore.

--
Bill

Re:URGENT! PRoblem with Interbase 6.01

The problem is that this error occours the second time .

for fixing i tried following (and that worked)
-> Deleting the generators (DELETE FROM RDB$GENER ....)
-> Backup the database
-> Restore the database
-> Adding the generators

and here is the whole story :
-> the database works
-> i add a generator
-> all works fin, i can view all tables ...
-> i try to view the generators -> i get the error
-> noew nothing works
-> restarting ibconsole -> all works until i view the generators ...
-> deleting the generator from rdb$GENERATORS
-> all works (including viewing the generators)
-> adding a generator -> i get the same error
-> Deleting the generator (for backup the database)
-> Backup the database
-> Restore the database
-> adding the generators
-> All Fine

"Bill Todd (TeamB)" <f...@foo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> Try repairing the database with gfix then do a backup and restore.

> --
> Bill
> (TeamB cannot answer questions received via email)

Re:URGENT! PRoblem with Interbase 6.01

Have you been deleting a lot of generators in your database?

--
Martijn Tonies
Upscene Productions

InterBase Workbench - The Developer Tool for InterBase
http://www.interbaseworkbench.com

"Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted"

"Andreas Steibl" <andreas.ste...@host-sec.at> schreef in bericht

> The problem is that this error occours the second time .

> for fixing i tried following (and that worked)
> -> Deleting the generators (DELETE FROM RDB$GENER ....)
> -> Backup the database
> -> Restore the database
> -> Adding the generators

> and here is the whole story :
> -> the database works
> -> i add a generator
> -> all works fin, i can view all tables ...
> -> i try to view the generators -> i get the error
> -> noew nothing works
> -> restarting ibconsole -> all works until i view the generators ...
> -> deleting the generator from rdb$GENERATORS
> -> all works (including viewing the generators)
> -> adding a generator -> i get the same error
> -> Deleting the generator (for backup the database)
> -> Backup the database
> -> Restore the database
> -> adding the generators
> -> All Fine

> "Bill Todd (TeamB)" <f...@foo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > Try repairing the database with gfix then do a backup and restore.

> > --
> > Bill
> > (TeamB cannot answer questions received via email)

Re:URGENT! PRoblem with Interbase 6.01

No, i never delete Geneartors ....

Only after addding this generator, i deleted the just added generator
because the backup aborted with the same error message...

"Martijn Tonies" <m.ton...@upscene.nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> Have you been deleting a lot of generators in your database?

> --
> Martijn Tonies
> Upscene Productions

> InterBase Workbench - The Developer Tool for InterBase
> http://www.interbaseworkbench.com

> "Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted"

> "Andreas Steibl" <andreas.ste...@host-sec.at> schreef in bericht
> > The problem is that this error occours the second time .

> > for fixing i tried following (and that worked)
> > -> Deleting the generators (DELETE FROM RDB$GENER ....)
> > -> Backup the database
> > -> Restore the database
> > -> Adding the generators

> > and here is the whole story :
> > -> the database works
> > -> i add a generator
> > -> all works fin, i can view all tables ...
> > -> i try to view the generators -> i get the error
> > -> noew nothing works
> > -> restarting ibconsole -> all works until i view the generators ...
> > -> deleting the generator from rdb$GENERATORS
> > -> all works (including viewing the generators)
> > -> adding a generator -> i get the same error
> > -> Deleting the generator (for backup the database)
> > -> Backup the database
> > -> Restore the database
> > -> adding the generators
> > -> All Fine

> > "Bill Todd (TeamB)" <f...@foo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > > Try repairing the database with gfix then do a backup and restore.

> > > --
> > > Bill
> > > (TeamB cannot answer questions received via email)

Re:URGENT! PRoblem with Interbase 6.01

How many generators do you have? Which version of IB are you running. There
was a bug that showed up if you had too many generators in the first release
of IB 6 I believe.

--
Bill

Re:URGENT! PRoblem with Interbase 6.01

Try just backup/restore

Bill Todd (TeamB) <f...@foo.com> a crit dans le message :
3c3c43e9_1@dnews...

> Try repairing the database with gfix then do a backup and restore.

> --
> Bill
> (TeamB cannot answer questions received via email)

Re:URGENT! PRoblem with Interbase 6.01

No, if i try to backup i get the same error, only deleting the generators (i
have added 3) and backup and restore helped.
if i only delete the generators, i got the same error if i try to add an
other generator.

"RESO / Claude GUTH" <reso...@club-internet.fr> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> Try just backup/restore

> Bill Todd (TeamB) <f...@foo.com> a crit dans le message :
> 3c3c43e9_1@dnews...
> > Try repairing the database with gfix then do a backup and restore.

> > --
> > Bill
> > (TeamB cannot answer questions received via email)

Re:URGENT! PRoblem with Interbase 6.01

I am useing about 124 generators,

i think i am useing version 6.01 (because the install files are that
version)
but i didn't find anything where i can view the version information ...

Just found it "WI-V6.0.1.0"

regards
Andreas

> How many generators do you have? Which version of IB are you running.
There
> was a bug that showed up if you had too many generators in the first
release
> of IB 6 I believe.

> --
> Bill
> (TeamB cannot answer questions received via email)

Re:URGENT! PRoblem with Interbase 6.01

Andreas,

I will !quote! a message from Bill from September 6, 2001

<Bill's_message>

The following information describes a bug discovered by IB R&D.

> A bug has been identified in the implementation of generators
> which limits the number of generators that can be used safely
> in a single database. Users should determine how many
> generators they are using:

> select max (rdb$generator_id) from rdb$generators

> and consider any over the magic number to be suspect. Here's a
> table of magic numbers:

> PAGE SIZE
> VERSION 1K 2K 4K 8K
> Pre-V6 248 504 1016 2040
> V6 124 257 508 1020

> Any database that contains generators at or above the magic
> number is suspect and should be taken off-line at once. Tables
> that rely on those generators should be checked for data validity.
> After the data has been corrected the database should be backed up
> and restored to a larger page size if possible. All the suspect
> generators should have their values set explicitly to a value
> that corresponds to the corrected data before the database is put
> back on line.

</Bill's_message>

So if you are using a page size with 1K either increase the page size
or upgrade to 6.0.1.6

Regards,
Thomas Steinmaurer
IB LogManager 2.0 - The Logging Tool for Interbase/Firebird
http://www.iblogmanager.com
"Andreas Steibl" <andreas.ste...@host-sec.at> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> I am useing about 124 generators,

> i think i am useing version 6.01 (because the install files are that
> version)
> but i didn't find anything where i can view the version information ...

> Just found it "WI-V6.0.1.0"

> regards
> Andreas
> "Bill Todd (TeamB)" <f...@foo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > How many generators do you have? Which version of IB are you running.
> There
> > was a bug that showed up if you had too many generators in the first
> release
> > of IB 6 I believe.

> > --
> > Bill
> > (TeamB cannot answer questions received via email)

Re:URGENT! PRoblem with Interbase 6.01

THANXS THANXS THANXS THANXS THANXS THANXS THANXS THANXS THANXS THANXS THANXS
THANXS THANXS THANXS THANXS THANXS THANXS THANXS THANXS THANXS THANXS THANXS
THANXS THANXS THANXS THANXS THANXS THANXS THANXS THANXS THANXS THANXS THANXS
THANXS THANXS THANXS THANXS THANXS THANXS THANXS THANXS THANXS THANXS THANXS
THANXS THANXS THANXS THANXS THANXS THANXS THANXS THANXS

It seems to work !

I tried it with a Database (Page Size 1024) and added Generators . With 123
Generators all worked fine, added an additional Generator -> Error
The same DataBase (with PAge Size 4096) i has over 130 Generators without
errors !!!!

regards
Andreas

Andreas Steibl wrote:

> It seems to work !

> I tried it with a Database (Page Size 1024) and added Generators . With 123
> Generators all worked fine, added an additional Generator -> Error
> The same DataBase (with PAge Size 4096) i has over 130 Generators without
> errors !!!!

        Then you should certainly upgrade, because this bug is fixed in 6.0.1.6.

        HTH,

        -Craig

      InterBase PLANalyzer (Free IB optimization tool):
           http://delphi.weblogs.com/IBPLANalyzer

Re:URGENT! PRoblem with Interbase 6.01

> Then you should certainly upgrade, because this bug is fixed in 6.0.1.6.

I have IB 6.0.1.0. Where I can upgrade to 6.0.1.6? I not see such update on
www.borland.com or community.borland.com.

TIA,
Miro.

Re:URGENT! PRoblem with Interbase 6.01

Take a look at http://mers.com  (no www)

There you can download a tagged open source build.
--

"Miro Penchev" <mirosl...@bsc.bg> schreef in bericht

> Hi,

> > Then you should certainly upgrade, because this bug is fixed in 6.0.1.6.

> I have IB 6.0.1.0. Where I can upgrade to 6.0.1.6? I not see such update
on
> www.borland.com or community.borland.com.

> TIA,
> Miro.

Re:URGENT! PRoblem with Interbase 6.01

Miro,

a full graphical setup of the latest tagged Interbase Open Source Version
(6.0.1.6)
is available from David R. Robinson's web site.
http://ibinstall.defined.net/dl_bin_borl.htm

"Miro Penchev" <mirosl...@bsc.bg> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> Hi,

> > Then you should certainly upgrade, because this bug is fixed in 6.0.1.6.

> I have IB 6.0.1.0. Where I can upgrade to 6.0.1.6? I not see such update
on
> www.borland.com or community.borland.com.

> TIA,
> Miro.