Toolbar Button has tbsDropDown style but no dropdown arrow button

Hi All

My application uses a TToolBar and some TToolButtons with their style
property set
to tbsDropDown. Everything works fine on my Win 98 development system.

When I test my application on an 'older Windows 95' machine
the dropdown arrow does not appear next to the button, and when I click the
button
I get the dropdown menu.

Can anyone please advise what is going wrong here?

Dave

Re:Toolbar Button has tbsDropDown style but no dropdown arrow button

It depends on the ComCtl32.dll you have on your system.
As far as I know, the version of ComCtl32.dll which comes with IE4 onwards
gives the dropdownarrow effect you are looking for.
Hope this helps.

--
Srinivas Junnuru
(Pl. remove NOSPAM from my address in order to send me email)

David Allen (UK) wrote in message <6p5i1o$mv...@forums.borland.com>...
>Hi All

>My application uses a TToolBar and some TToolButtons with their style
>property set
>to tbsDropDown. Everything works fine on my Win 98 development system.

>When I test my application on an 'older Windows 95' machine
>the dropdown arrow does not appear next to the button, and when I click the
>button
>I get the dropdown menu.

>Can anyone please advise what is going wrong here?

>Dave

Re:Toolbar Button has tbsDropDown style but no dropdown arrow button

Hi Srinivas

I downloaded 40comupd.exe from the Microsoft website, this file installs
version 4.72 of comctl32.dll. However, this has no effect and I still don't
get and dropdown button.

Do you know which version is supposed to provide the support for the
tbsDropDown button style?

David

Srinivas Junnuru wrote in message <6p8uep$r...@forums.borland.com>...
>It depends on the ComCtl32.dll you have on your system.
>As far as I know, the version of ComCtl32.dll which comes with IE4 onwards
>gives the dropdownarrow effect you are looking for.
>Hope this helps.

>--
>Srinivas Junnuru
>(Pl. remove NOSPAM from my address in order to send me email)
>David Allen (UK) wrote in message <6p5i1o$mv...@forums.borland.com>...
>>Hi All

>>My application uses a TToolBar and some TToolButtons with their style
>>property set
>>to tbsDropDown. Everything works fine on my Win 98 development system.

>>When I test my application on an 'older Windows 95' machine
>>the dropdown arrow does not appear next to the button, and when I click
the
>>button
>>I get the dropdown menu.

>>Can anyone please advise what is going wrong here?

>>Dave

Re:Toolbar Button has tbsDropDown style but no dropdown arrow button

I ran into this problem when I was using the SLIB (I had not updated them).
When I switch to the LIB, it worked fine.

Eric

David Allen (UK) wrote in message <6pb2c3$...@forums.borland.com>...
>Hi Srinivas

>I downloaded 40comupd.exe from the Microsoft website, this file installs
>version 4.72 of comctl32.dll. However, this has no effect and I still don't
>get and dropdown button.

>Do you know which version is supposed to provide the support for the
>tbsDropDown button style?

>David

>Srinivas Junnuru wrote in message <6p8uep$r...@forums.borland.com>...
>>It depends on the ComCtl32.dll you have on your system.
>>As far as I know, the version of ComCtl32.dll which comes with IE4 onwards
>>gives the dropdownarrow effect you are looking for.
>>Hope this helps.

>>--
>>Srinivas Junnuru
>>(Pl. remove NOSPAM from my address in order to send me email)
>>David Allen (UK) wrote in message <6p5i1o$mv...@forums.borland.com>...
>>>Hi All

>>>My application uses a TToolBar and some TToolButtons with their style
>>>property set
>>>to tbsDropDown. Everything works fine on my Win 98 development system.

>>>When I test my application on an 'older Windows 95' machine
>>>the dropdown arrow does not appear next to the button, and when I click
>the
>>>button
>>>I get the dropdown menu.

>>>Can anyone please advise what is going wrong here?

>>>Dave

Other Threads