TIBStoredProc.StoredProcName setting

    Some addons. All other work in design time runs fine, builded app runs
fine,
BDE-based TStoredProc have no this trouble. Are there some especially
environment requests from IBX or this it's feature? Is there dependent on
the amount of SP in database (I have about 500)?

Re:TIBStoredProc.StoredProcName setting

Andy Colson wrote:
> Hey, I'm just curious, would you run this query and tell me how long it
> takes you.

> SELECT RDB$PARAMETER_NAME,  RDB$PARAMETER_TYPE
>                        FROM RDB$PROCEDURE_PARAMETERS
>                        WHERE RDB$PROCEDURE_NAME = "someProcName"
>                         ORDER BY RDB$PARAMETER_NUMBER

    Sorry for my English, if my message is not clear. Params are fetched fast,
problem is with procedure name. All manual select on rdb$... are all right,
trouble only with
Object Inspector.

Re:TIBStoredProc.StoredProcName setting

Hey, I'm just curious, would you run this query and tell me how long it
takes you.

SELECT RDB$PARAMETER_NAME,  RDB$PARAMETER_TYPE
                       FROM RDB$PROCEDURE_PARAMETERS
                       WHERE RDB$PROCEDURE_NAME = "someProcName"
                        ORDER BY RDB$PARAMETER_NUMBER

This is the query that IBX uses to get the Params list.  I'm wondering with
500 stored procedures if this query is really fast or really slow...

-Andy

"Ded" <d...@hq.bereg.net> wrote in message

>     Some addons. All other work in design time runs fine, builded app runs
> fine,
> BDE-based TStoredProc have no this trouble. Are there some especially
> environment requests from IBX or this it's feature? Is there dependent on
> the amount of SP in database (I have about 500)?

Re:TIBStoredProc.StoredProcName setting

   Hi, group. Is my problem with StoredProcName in Object Inspector never meet
by others or my English is really babies's talk an nobody can't understand me?

Ded wrote:

> I put TIBStoredProc component on the form, set DataBase property, set
> transaction property and press select button on StoredProcName.
> TIBDataBase is connected. Have delay about some MINUTES. If try to type
> this name, have such a delay on each letter. Previously avoid this by
> typing name first and ignore all warnings, but today added some
> parameters and have need to refresh, tried to change name for other and
> back and remembered this trick. Maybe I have done something wrong
> configuring my environment?

        I've noticed this as well.  I haven't gone into the design-time source
code yet, but my guess is that this is a defect.  I'll put it on my list
of things to check out.  It does seem to depend upon the number of SPs
in the database.  My further guess is that the property editor is

        I know that probably doesn't fix your problem, but I think it's fair to
say it's not something you're doing that's causing this.

        HTH,

        -Craig

--
Craig Stuntz (TeamB)       Vertex Systems Corporation
Senior Developer           http://www.vertexsoftware.com

Re:TIBStoredProc.StoredProcName setting

   Thank you, it can wait. Only one question - how or where to know about results.

Ded wrote:

>   Only one question - how or where to know about results.

        Results of what?  What I turn up?  I make no guarantee I'll figure out
the problem, but if I do I'll post here.

        -Craig

--
Craig Stuntz (TeamB)       Vertex Systems Corporation
Senior Developer           http://www.vertexsoftware.com

Re:TIBStoredProc.StoredProcName setting

All it does is call

Select RDB$PROCEDURE_NAME from RDB$PROCEDURES

It does start the connection if the connection is not active so activating the
connection can speed things up.  It does not deactivate the connection though so
I can't explain the delay on each letter.

Ded wrote:

>   I use IB 6 on Linux and IBX 4.42. Sorry, waiting for some more news
> about 4.51.
> I put TIBStoredProc component on the form, set DataBase property, set
> transaction property and press select button on StoredProcName.
> TIBDataBase is connected. Have delay about some MINUTES. If try to type
> this name, have such a delay on each letter. Previously avoid this by
> typing name first and ignore all warnings, but today added some
> parameters and have need to refresh, tried to change name for other and
> back and remembered this trick. Maybe I have done something wrong
> configuring my environment?

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build

Other Threads