D2/Paradox and Transactions (local)

Does anybody know how they work? I'm able to use them with the Local
Interbase server but the same code (based on
TDatabase.StartTransaction) doesn't work properly against local
Paradox tables. The TransIsolation property is set to tiDirtyRead.
It should work, right?

Thanks in advance.

Nuno Leal

----
nl...@mail.telepac.pt

Re:D2/Paradox and Transactions (local)

Nuno Leal <nl...@mail.telepac.pt>
wrote:

> Does anybody know how they work? I'm able to use them with the Local
> Interbase server but the same code (based on
> TDatabase.StartTransaction) doesn't work properly against local
> Paradox tables. The TransIsolation property is set to tiDirtyRead.
> It should work, right?

> Thanks in advance.

> Nuno Leal

> ----
> nl...@mail.telepac.pt

Hello.
 Here are som guide-lines for transaction on Paradox tables:

1.
The TdataBase component's KeepConnection=TRUE,
and refer to that database for the tables(s) in the transaction.
2.
For Paradox tables, the TdataBase's TransIsolation=tiDirtyRead.
3.
The table (in the transaction) must have at least one primary-index.
The property IndexFieldNames must refer to that index.
4.
One record can be updated only once during the transaction-life.

Hope this can help.

Regards
Atle Markeng
DataMar, Oslo - Norway