Problem running BP7 programs on new computers

Hi!
I have a problem running my EGAVGA.BGI and CRT unit based
BP7 DOS program on new Pentium II mashines. Program exits
with Run time error 200. The reason is maybe the speed of
processor or AGP VGA card.
Can you send me a solution/ patch/ alternative driver?
Thanks, Davor
--
------ navigate is a must ------- ploviti se mora -------
Davor Zorc, Bosiljevska 34, 10000 Zagreb, Croatia, Europe

Re:Problem running BP7 programs on new computers

In article <367A2BBD.3...@fsb.hr>,
  Davor Zorc <davor.z...@fsb.hr> wrote:

> Hi!
> I have a problem running my EGAVGA.BGI and CRT unit based
> BP7 DOS program on new Pentium II mashines. Program exits
> with Run time error 200. The reason is maybe the speed of
> processor or AGP VGA card.
> Can you send me a solution/ patch/ alternative driver?

Read the FAQ before posting.

Robert
--
Robert AH Prins
prin...@williscorroon.com

Re:Problem running BP7 programs on new computers

In article <75dmg9$rq...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>,
Robert AH Prins <prin...@williscorroon.com> wrote:

>Read the FAQ before posting.

No link to the FAQ?

Tell me something - does Windoze now come with mind-reading software
that will magically tell me what the URL of the FAQ is?

If you're not going to be helpful, don't say anything. Your post is
the very reason that so many people quit reading this group, and even
that some people gave up on Pascal altogether.

Get a clue, bud.

--

= Blackdeath - s_honsber...@13usa.net
== http://sprk.com/blackdeath

... We have standards around here and expect you not to exceed them.
-!- GOPGP/2 v1.20

Re:Problem running BP7 programs on new computers

In article <53oe2kwGqVWB09...@13usa.net>, Stewart Honsberger
<s_honsber...@13usa.net> writes

>In article <75dmg9$rq...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>,
>Robert AH Prins <prin...@williscorroon.com> wrote:

>>Read the FAQ before posting.

>No link to the FAQ?

>Tell me something - does Windoze now come with mind-reading software
>that will magically tell me what the URL of the FAQ is?

If the original poster had read some of clpb before posting, they would
have found the mini-FAQ which is posted here every Sunday.  ISTM that a
large number of new posters do not even read a newsgroup that they want
to post to before posting a question. As it happens, there are at least
three threads already giving information on this VFAQ and if the poster
of the original question had even read one day's worth of clpb prior to
posting their question it would have been answered for them.

FYI (and taken from the FAQ) :

  Copies available from http://www.pascal.force9.co.uk/faq/clpb-faq.txt
                        http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/clpb-faq.txt
                        ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/doc-net/faqclpb.zip

  Old versions from     http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/oldpfaqs/

  Comments, additions, alterations and corrections to
  <mailto:newsmas...@pedt.demon.co.uk>

--
Pedt

  s_honsber...@13usa.net wrote:
> In article <75dmg9$rq...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>,
> Robert AH Prins <prin...@williscorroon.com> wrote:

> >Read the FAQ before posting.

> No link to the FAQ?

So where's your link to it?

> Tell me something - does Windoze now come with mind-reading software
> that will magically tell me what the URL of the FAQ is?

> If you're not going to be helpful, don't say anything. Your post is
> the very reason that so many people quit reading this group, and even
> that some people gave up on Pascal altogether.

> Get a clue, bud.

Not from you darling.

Robert
--
Robert AH Prins
prin...@williscorroon.com

Stewart Honsberger wrote:
> Tell me something - does Windoze now come with mind-reading software
> that will magically tell me what the URL of the FAQ is?

Tell me something - maybe somebody is constantly posting a message
entitled "DO NOT READ THE FAQ IN ANY CASE, OTHERWISE YOUR HARD DISK WILL
BE DESTROYED" every day. Maybe this scares the users of this group?

Do you really want to make be believe that you are not sick of always
answering the same old questions already discussed in the FAQ, a document
everybody should read before posting?

Re:Problem running BP7 programs on new computers

In article <BrvcBAAGTpe2E...@pedt.demon.co.uk>,

Pedt Scragg <postmas...@pedt.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>>>Read the FAQ before posting.

>>No link to the FAQ?
>If the original poster had read some of clpb before posting,

Apples and oranges. I didn't say I supported people coming blindly
into a newsgroup and asking a "VFAQ", what I was saying was (and I
quote);

"No link to the FAQ?"

If you're going to tell someone to go to hell, you should atleast
have the courtesy of telling them which way it is.

--

= Blackdeath - s_honsber...@13usa.net
== http://sprk.com/blackdeath
=== ICQ UIN # 3484915
==== Remove 'thir{*word*249}' to reply

... Whatever advice you give, be brief.
-!- GOPGP/2 v1.20

Re:Problem running BP7 programs on new computers

In article <75ed3m$g4...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>,
Robert AH Prins <prin...@williscorroon.com> wrote:

>> No link to the FAQ?

>So where's your link to it?

How should I know? I'm not the parrot that says nothing but "Read the
FAQ! Read the FAQ!".

--

= Blackdeath - s_honsber...@13usa.net
== http://sprk.com/blackdeath
=== ICQ UIN # 3484915
==== Remove 'thir{*word*249}' to reply

... "Unzip, Expand, Explode...  who's the {*word*209} behind this?!"
-!- GOPGP/2 v1.20

Re:Problem running BP7 programs on new computers

   Robert (and others): Stewart H. (aka Blackdeath) has been a royal pain
in the *ss over in the Pascal echoes in FidoNet - abrasive and
contentious for many months.  I've had my personal battles with him (I
moderate one of the echoes), and I can only suggest it's best to ignore
him here.  He contributes nothing positive to these technical discussions
- as we see in this thread - and seems to have a major "chip on his
shoulder".

In article <nite2kwGqdFF09...@13usa.net>,
Stewart Honsberger <s_honsber...@13usa.net> wrote:

:Apples and oranges. I didn't say I supported people coming blindly
:into a newsgroup and asking a "VFAQ", what I was saying was (and I
:quote);
:
:"No link to the FAQ?"
:
:If you're going to tell someone to go to hell, you should atleast
:have the courtesy of telling them which way it is.

 151578 Oct 10 1998 ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/link/tsfaqp.zip
 tsfaqp.zip Common Turbo Pascal Questions and Timo's answers, linked

Gentlemen, please, go easy. Let's bear in mind a few opposite
facets:

1) Basically there is nothing wrong with asking a FAQ. How else
could a FAQ become a FAQ than by being frequently asked?

2) On the other hand, it is reasonable and proper to expect that the
newcomers do not just blurt out their questions! One aspect of
elementary net courtesy is to browse and listen first before
posting. In this particular newsgroup the FAQ pointer is frequently
posted. Both in the regular information postings and in the copious
customized answers. And not only by me as its maintainer-author, but
by many other regulars as well.

3) Even though the great majority act sensibly and first get the
information that is readily available, in a newsgroup with a lot of
participants it always will appear as if the readers did not listen.
It only takes a very small percentage to give an exaggerated
impression.

Conclusion: Patience on all sides, please.

   All the best, Timo

Moderating at ftp:// & http://garbo.uwasa.fi/ archives 193.166.120.5

Spam foiling in effect.  My email filter autoresponder will return a
required email password to users not yet in the privileges database.
Advice on spam foiling at http://www.uwasa.fi/~ts/info/spamfoil.html

In article <75g5jo$...@loisto.uwasa.fi>, t...@UWasa.Fi (Timo Salmi) wrote:
>In article <nite2kwGqdFF09...@13usa.net>,
>:"No link to the FAQ?"
>:
>:If you're going to tell someone to go to hell, you should atleast
>:have the courtesy of telling them which way it is.

> 151578 Oct 10 1998 ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/link/tsfaqp.zip
> tsfaqp.zip Common Turbo Pascal Questions and Timo's answers, linked

>Gentlemen, please, go easy. Let's bear in mind a few opposite
>facets:

[...]

Thank-you. It appears that you atleast have some amount of reason,
and you actually posted the link to the FAQ without stooping to
insults.

Now - please answer me this - do you not consider it outright rude
and inconsiderate to tell someone to read a FAQ, when 1) they might
not even know what a "FAQ" is, and 2) without giving them a URL or
some other pointer as to where they might obtain said "FAQ"?

--

= Blackdeath - s_honsber...@13usa.net
== http://sprk.com/blackdeath
=== ICQ UIN # 3484915
==== Remove 'thir{*word*249}' to reply

... I locked my coathanger in my car. Good thing I had a key!
-!- GOPGP/2 v1.20

Re:Problem running BP7 programs on new computers

In article <v38e2kwGqRKd09...@13usa.net>,
Stewart Honsberger <s_honsber...@13usa.net> wrote:

:Now - please answer me this - do you not consider it outright rude
:and inconsiderate to tell someone to read a FAQ, when 1) they might
:not even know what a "FAQ" is,

Dear Stewart,

Since you ask. It would be a problem in news:news.newusers.questions
or news:alt.newbie. However, in a comp.lang.*.* one should
reasonably be able to expect the readers to be familiar with the
basics of Usenet news, including the concept of a FAQ.

:and 2) without giving them a URL or
:some other pointer as to where they might obtain said "FAQ"?

That aspect I already covered in my previous posting.

   All the best, Timo

Moderating at ftp:// & http://garbo.uwasa.fi/ archives 193.166.120.5

Spam foiling in effect.  My email filter autoresponder will return a
required email password to users not yet in the privileges database.
Advice on spam foiling at http://www.uwasa.fi/~ts/info/spamfoil.html

Re:Problem running BP7 programs on new computers

JRS:  In article <v38e2kwGqRKd09...@13usa.net> of Sat, 19 Dec 1998
16:06:49 in news:comp.lang.pascal.borland, Stewart Honsberger

<s_honsber...@13usa.net> wrote:

>Now - please answer me this - do you not consider it outright rude
>and inconsiderate to tell someone to read a FAQ, when 1) they might
>not even know what a "FAQ" is, and 2) without giving them a URL or
>some other pointer as to where they might obtain said "FAQ"?

I consider it downright rude of you to jump in and presume to instruct
the regulars, especially Prof. Salmi, how a newsgroup ought to operate.

Come back when you have grown up.

=

I have a variety of Sig files, and choose (usually) an appropriate one;
the "RTE200" one contains a boilerplate answer before the SigSep.  I do
suggest that those who, justifiably, commonly give essentially the same
answer to repeated questions might either do that or use an "include"
file.  Brevity is often valued, but can be overdone.

--
John Stockton, Surrey, UK.    j...@merlyn.demon.co.uk    Turnpike v4.00    MIME.
  Web <URL:ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/link/tsfaqn.zip> -- Timo Salmi's Usenet Q&A.

Re:Problem running BP7 programs on new computers

In article <ScX+8wANjBf2E...@merlyn.demon.co.uk>,
Dr John Stockton <j...@merlyn.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>>Now - please answer me this - do you not consider it outright rude
>>and inconsiderate to tell someone to read a FAQ, when 1) they might
>>not even know what a "FAQ" is, and 2) without giving them a URL or
>>some other pointer as to where they might obtain said "FAQ"?

>I consider it downright rude of you to jump in and presume to instruct
>the regulars, especially Prof. Salmi, how a newsgroup ought to operate.

So you do not consider it rude to tell someone simply to "read the
FAQ!" and not tell them where they can find it? Or explain what a FAQ
is, or even explain to them that what they are asking is a Frequently
Asked Question (beleive it or not - not everyone out there knows what
"FAQ" stands for).

If you truly beleive it acceptable to respond with nothing more than
"Read the FAQ!" - then you've been looking at the world over the rim
of your rectal cavity for far too long.

--

= Blackdeath - s_honsber...@13usa.net
== http://sprk.com/blackdeath
=== ICQ UIN # 3484915
==== Remove 'thir{*word*249}' to reply

... A narrow mind and a fat head come on the same person
-!- GOPGP/2 v1.20

Re:Problem running BP7 programs on new computers

In article <MsSf2kwGqxRY09...@13usa.net>,
Stewart Honsberger <s_honsber...@13usa.net> wrote:

:In article <ScX+8wANjBf2E...@merlyn.demon.co.uk>,
:Dr John Stockton <j...@merlyn.demon.co.uk> wrote:
:>I consider it downright rude of you to jump in and presume to instruct

:So you do not consider it rude to tell someone simply to "read the
:FAQ!" and not tell them where they can find it? Or explain what a FAQ

:"Read the FAQ!" - then you've been looking at the world over the rim
:of your rectal cavity for far too long.

Be the FAQ-referring without a path as may, please let's note that
bringing the anatomy of the posters into the discussion is rudeness
of a completely different order. In fact, it is quite a common
trigger of killfiling.

   All the best, Timo

Moderating at ftp:// & http://garbo.uwasa.fi/ archives 193.166.120.5

Spam foiling in effect.  My email filter autoresponder will return a
required email password to users not yet in the privileges database.
Advice on spam foiling at http://www.uwasa.fi/~ts/info/spamfoil.html

Go to page: [1] [2]

Other Threads