Good books for tpw 1.5 for a true novice (tp 7.0 too) --- Please help

I have posted this before but unfortuenetly had my deleted items set too
soon and your answers where deleted before I could read them

I am new to programming and have just purchased a copy of TPW 1.5 for
windows.
A bad move you may say for such a novice but the damage has been done and I
wish
to get really stuck into this.

I have been told that any books concerning turbo pascal 7.0 for windows is
also relevant
If there are any users out there that learnt by a real good book for
beginners there name and
author would be real great. I purchased a very good reference book that I am
sure will come in handy but at this stage
it's only usage is to fill up my drawer :-))

Many thanks

Scottie

Re:Good books for tpw 1.5 for a true novice (tp 7.0 too) --- Please help

xxt75 wrote:
> [...]
> I have been told that any books concerning turbo pascal 7.0 for windows is
> also relevant
> If there are any users out there that learnt by a real good book for
> beginners there name and
> author would be real great. I purchased a very good reference book that I am
> sure will come in handy but at this stage
> it's only usage is to fill up my drawer :-))

A good printed book which covers both TP7 and TPW1.5 is "Turbo Pascal 7:  The
Complete Reference", by Stephen K. O'Brien and Steve Nameroff, published by
Osborne-McGraw/Hill, ISBN 0-07-881793-5.  I don't think it would be out of
print, though might not be popular stock at a bookstore.  Online stores would
probably have it, (www.barnesandnoble.com, www.amazon.com, etc.) or the local
store could special order it.

On Thu, 18 Jun 1998 21:08:51 +0100, "xxt75" <xx...@dial.pipex.com>
wrote:

>I have posted this before but unfortuenetly had my deleted items set too
>soon and your answers where deleted before I could read them

>I am new to programming and have just purchased a copy of TPW 1.5 for
>windows.
>A bad move you may say for such a novice but the damage has been done and I
>wish
>to get really stuck into this.

Programming in TPW 1.5 is really really easy, you don't need a book,
look at all the source code which is given in the docdemos and
owldemos directorys thats how I learnt it !

Gary

Other Threads