Getting/Changing Environment Variables

I'm trying to write a front-end that runs some old and finicky CD Rom
software. The problem is, some of this stuff needs to have specific
environment variables set up on the fly before it will run.

Other CD's insist on having particular drives on the path. How do I
add/remove items from the path ?

The delphi 1 help files are no help at all on this subject.

Please Email to my address, as well as to the list.

Thanks

P.S.R...@salford.ac.uk

Re:Getting/Changing Environment Variables

AIS...@news.salford.ac.uk (P.S.Ryan) wrote:
>software. The problem is, some of this stuff needs to have specific
>environment variables set up on the fly before it will run.

Have a look at the freeware offered by Tempest Software at :

        http://www.tempest-sw.com/freeware/

Ray Lischner has done a very nice Delphi unit to access the DOS
environment.

Marc

Other Threads