DELPHI & WINDOWS 95

Has anyone successfully installed Delphi on a Windows 95 machine?
If so, did you need to do anything special during the installation?
 Thanks in advance!

                                                          //
+----Sam-Birch-----------------------------+ \\\' '      / //
| Birchsw96%c...@cadetmail.usafa.af.mil    |  \\\//    _/ //
|                                          |   \_-//' /  //<'
|  "But they that wait upon the LORD shall |     \ ///  <//'
| renew their strength; they shall mount   |      /  >>   \\\'
| up with wings as eagles..."              |     /,)-^>>  _\
|                        (Isaiah 40:31)    |     (/   \\ / \\\
+==========================================+         //  //\\\
                                                    (('

Re:DELPHI & WINDOWS 95

In article <41arek$...@usafa2.usafa.af.mil>,
birchsw96%c...@cadetmail.usafa.af.mil says...

>Has anyone successfully installed Delphi on a Windows 95 machine?
Yes I did.
>If so, did you need to do anything special during the installation?
No I did not.
> Thanks in advance!

Bye

e9126...@stud1.tuwien.ac.at
Vahan Harput (male)

Re:DELPHI & WINDOWS 95

In article <41arek$...@usafa2.usafa.af.mil>,
birchsw96%c...@cadetmail.usafa.af.mil says...

>Has anyone successfully installed Delphi on a Windows 95 machine?
>If so, did you need to do anything special during the installation?
> Thanks in advance!

Yes, I have. No, nothing special was needed to do it. It was very
seamless. So far, I have not encountered any problems with Win 95 dealing
with Win 3.1 apps, including Delphi. My programs run fine, as does Delphi
itself. It's great.

Re:DELPHI & WINDOWS 95

In article: <41h6iq...@emerald.oz.net>  bdun...@oz.net (Bill Duncan) writes:

> Nothing special need be done that I can tell.  If you're running on an 8 or 12
> meg machine I'd suggest upgrading to AT LEAST 16 megs.  Delphi runs ok with
> Win95 and 16 megs.  I don't think I'd use it on less...

If you own an 8Mb machine and are not rich don't let this put you off.
I have only noticed one occasion when my P5-75 with 16Mb is faster than my DX2-66
with 8Mb and that is when rebuilding the component library.

|         James Talbut        EMail j...@spudsoft.demon.co.uk               |
|               Better living with root vegetables                        |

Re:DELPHI & WINDOWS 95

>Yes, I have. No, nothing special was needed to do it. It was very
>seamless. So far, I have not encountered any problems with Win 95 dealing
>with Win 3.1 apps, including Delphi. My programs run fine, as does Delphi
>itself. It's great.

Ditto, with a clean install of Windows 95. But when I installed Win95
over Windows for Workgroup 3.11 - Delphi kept coming up with GPF

Re:DELPHI & WINDOWS 95

birchsw96%c...@cadetmail.usafa.af.mil says...
>Has anyone successfully installed Delphi on a Windows 95 machine?
>Yes I did. If so, did you need to do anything special during the

installation?

No substantial problems, but when I did install a preview copy of Win95
about six months ago, I put it into a WIN95 directory. If you install
Win95 to a directory other than your Win3.1 directory then you will need
to reinstall some programs afterward; this was the case with Delphi--I
just reinstalled over my existing installation (presumably to give Win95
the info it needs) and it was all set in about 15 minutes. I don't know if
this has been changed in the final release (although I've installed it, I
was installing over a previous Win95 installation & therefore didn't have
to deal with any of this). BTW, if anyone is skeptical about Win95 after
reading Infoworld's bile over the last six months, I'll add my $0.02: if
you have the ram and a fast machine, upgrade to Win95. It's relatively
painless and many times more stable than WFW 3.11--the only GPF's I get
now tend to be from my own delphi apps <g> and rebooting to reclaim
resources is a very rare occurance...

Grant Carpenter

Other Threads