Graphics array / scrolling graphics

I'm writing a slot machine program and need to handle the reels that contain
the symbols for the game.  Does anyone know of a VCL that handles this?  It
would need to scroll the graphics to simulate the spinning reels and then
when stopped be able to know what symbol is in each position on the reel.
I've found some VCLs that would perform the scrolling of a bitmap but it
wouldn't loop the graphic and I have no idea of the positioning of any of
the symbols.

I'm open to other possibilities to handle this too.  Any help would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

John

Re:Graphics array / scrolling graphics

The best result is to use AVI with the animation. Use as many AVI as the
number of simbols, each one ending with one particular simbol. At start, the
animation can use a very fast rotation with motion blur and after some time
slow down the speed until completely stop.
You will need to draw the results before the animation start to be able to
choose which animation to use.

Doing this way you can produce videos where the simbols appear to be in a
real wheel with all sort of effects like shadows.

Arthur

John Piotrowski escreveu na mensagem <89hajm$k...@bornews.borland.com>...

>I'm writing a slot machine program and need to handle the reels that
contain
>the symbols for the game.  Does anyone know of a VCL that handles this?  It
>would need to scroll the graphics to simulate the spinning reels and then
>when stopped be able to know what symbol is in each position on the reel.
>I've found some VCLs that would perform the scrolling of a bitmap but it
>wouldn't loop the graphic and I have no idea of the positioning of any of
>the symbols.

>I'm open to other possibilities to handle this too.  Any help would be
>greatly appreciated.

>Thanks!

>John

Re:Graphics array / scrolling graphics

>I'm writing a slot machine program and need to handle the reels that
contain
>the symbols for the game.  Does anyone know of a VCL that handles this?  It
>would need to scroll the graphics to simulate the spinning reels and then
>when stopped be able to know what symbol is in each position on the reel.
>I've found some VCLs that would perform the scrolling of a bitmap but it
>wouldn't loop the graphic and I have no idea of the positioning of any of
>the symbols.

Another technique would be to place all of your symbols on a bitmap strip.
Using 3D animation (like Direct3D or OpenGL), you can texture map the bitmap
to a cylinder.  Position 3 of these cylinders in 3D space and rotate them to
animate.

Regards,

Wayne

Re:Graphics array / scrolling graphics

Actually I don't need to represent an actual 3D reel.  I guess the simplest
explanation of what I need is a way to take a bitmap that has all the
symbols on it and scroll it like a marquee.  But the most important part of
this is to be able to know the offset from the start of the bitmap image I
stop the scrolling at so I know what symbol is on the payline.

John

Wayne Sherman <WayneSherman-REMO...@msn.com> wrote in message

> >I'm writing a slot machine program and need to handle the reels that
> contain
> >the symbols for the game.  Does anyone know of a VCL that handles this?
It
> >would need to scroll the graphics to simulate the spinning reels and then
> >when stopped be able to know what symbol is in each position on the reel.
> >I've found some VCLs that would perform the scrolling of a bitmap but it
> >wouldn't loop the graphic and I have no idea of the positioning of any of
> >the symbols.

> Another technique would be to place all of your symbols on a bitmap strip.
> Using 3D animation (like Direct3D or OpenGL), you can texture map the
bitmap
> to a cylinder.  Position 3 of these cylinders in 3D space and rotate them
> animate.

> Regards,

> Wayne

Other Threads