Delphi 5, SQL against Dbase 3 files, Same SQL Stmt, different results on different machines.

Same SQL statement produces different results on same data across NT
network.

It seams link the machine is affecting the Select Statement.

The select statement is: Select * from  Projmast.dbf p where p.status='6'

On one machine it produces the correct results and on another machine,
records are missing from the results.

Any Ideas.

--
Tony Nasca
Dove Net Technologies

Re:Delphi 5, SQL against Dbase 3 files, Same SQL Stmt, different results on different machines.

Upgrade BDE on all machines to 5.11.
Tony Nasca wrote:

> Same SQL statement produces different results on same data across NT
> network.

> It seams link the machine is affecting the Select Statement.

> The select statement is: Select * from  Projmast.dbf p where p.status='6'

> On one machine it produces the correct results and on another machine,
> records are missing from the results.

> Any Ideas.

> --
> Tony Nasca
> Dove Net Technologies
> 3901 Peppertree Lane
> Silver Spring, MD 20906
> Phone: 301-460-6842
> Fax: 301-460-6154
> E-Mail Na...@DoveNet.com
> Web: http://www.dovenet.com
> Downloads: http://www.dovenet.com/downloads

Re:Delphi 5, SQL against Dbase 3 files, Same SQL Stmt, different results on different machines.

The users are already are using but I will have them re-install the 5.11

Any other Ideas?

Tony

Tony Nasca wrote in message <8d509d$f...@bornews.borland.com>...
>The users are already are using but I will have them re-install the 5.11

Ugh, what does this mean?
If one client behaves differently from others, it means that something is
configured diferently.
Could be anything: locale (system), translator (bde lang driver), alias
path,...
Might be that it doesn't access the same data.

Also, it's polite to say "thank you" for idea to Richard as you didn't
mention BDE 5.11 in your first post. "Any other ideas" sounds very arrogant.

--
Regards