Conditional expression within SELECT?

I vaguely remember to have seen an example of a conditional expression
within a SELECT statement sometimes, but I can't remember where and I
certainly can't find it in the IB docs. Something like 'if the value of
field a equals b then show c else show d'. Maybe it wasn't Interbase at all,
but some other database. Can anybody tell me whether this is possible in IB?

Please note, I am not talking about stored procedures where there's a fully
equipped if..then..else available.

T.i.a.,

Hans Zorn

Re:Conditional expression within SELECT?

news:[email protected]

"Computed fields with conditional statements." @ http://www.cvalde.com

Re:Conditional expression within SELECT?

>These feature is available only M$ SQL. I think that Sybase has too.

Thanks, pity though...

--
Sergio Samayoa
Lgica Software

Hans Zorn wrote:

> >These feature is available only M$ SQL. I think that Sybase has too.

> Thanks, pity though...

        Read the article that Jan cited.

        -Craig