Paradox DDL Scripts, multiple SQL Statements

HI,

how it is possible to run multiple statements in the
Database Desktop SQL Editor (like a DDL script for
generating the whole database)?

is there a way to generate a DDL script for existing
paradox databases?

thank you for hints.

simon

Re:Paradox DDL Scripts, multiple SQL Statements

On Wed, 21 Apr 1999 11:09:34 +0200, Simon Christ <chr...@dynasystem.ch>
wrote:

>how it is possible to run multiple statements in the
>Database Desktop SQL Editor (like a DDL script for
>generating the whole database)?

>is there a way to generate a DDL script for existing
>paradox databases?

Local SQL (what the BDE uses for dBASE and Paradox tables) does not support
SQL scripting of any sort. This applies to SQL used in the Database Desktop
utility, in the Database Explorer, or through a TQuery. You can execute
only one statement at a time.

Though there is no facility like this built into Delphi, it is conceivable
that one might program an SQL scripting utility. Multiple SQL statements
would be stored in a text file, each separated by some designated character
(the semi-colon would be a logical choice). The utility would then open
this file, extract one SQL statement at a time (based on encountering the
separator character), and then execute each individual statement (through a
TQuery or a BDE API function such as DbiQExec).

It is also possible that someone has already created such a handy utility
and made it available as a third-party add-on tool for Delphi. I seem to
recall hearing such, but cannot remember any specifics (sorry).

Steve Koterski                   "There are two kinds of pedestrians...the
Technical Publications           quick and the dead."
INPRISE Corporation                            -- Lord Thomas Robert Dewar
http://www.borland.com/delphi                                  (1864-1930)

Other Threads