Encrypting .dbf

Hi,

What about encrypting a .dbf table used with a delphi application. Is
that possible? What
can I do to make it 'invisible' on a LAN?
Thanks again
Thomas

--
Time is a window
Death is a door

        http://tivi.eunet.ch/chnews/

                                The ShadowMan

Re:Encrypting .dbf

On Mon, 30 Sep 1996 21:58:57 +0200, Thomas Zenker

<tzen...@dial.eunet.ch> wrote:
>Hi,

>What about encrypting a .dbf table used with a delphi application. Is
>that possible?

Well - simply do it! There is an EXCELLENT encryption package at
http://www.cryptcard.com/ (the link is at the very bottom of the page)
which you can utilize.

I am considering encrypting fields of a (paradox) table - but I have
not found a sensible way to get queries / ranges etc to work with a
mixture of encrypted and clear data. If there was something like a
callback from the BDE which will be executed on each data retrieval
operation that would be fine - but I have not found one yet.
(Anybody?)

If it's only that you want to scramble the DBF, well, that's pretty
easy.

> What
>can I do to make it 'invisible' on a LAN?

No idea.
--
Stefan Hoffmeister                       Stefan.Hoffmeis...@Uni-Passau.de
University of Passau, Bavaria, Germany