Help moving TdbMemo to String

It must be simple but I can't find it.

How do I move a MEMO field from a dBASE record to a STRING variable?
I'm only getting the first part of it right now.

thanks, bill wester

Re:Help moving TdbMemo to String

In article <35c5db5f.19422...@internet.census.gov>,

William.C.Wes...@ccMail.Census.Gov (William Wester) writes:
>How do I move a MEMO field from a dBASE record to a STRING variable?

Variable := MemoField.AsString (?)

Charles Johnson

Re:Help moving TdbMemo to String

Bill,

What Delphi version? Usually, you can just do:

StringVar := Table1.FieldByName('MemoField').AsString;

The only time I remember that this didn't work was under Delphi 1....

Ken
--
Ken White
kwh...@westelcom.com

Clipper Functions for Delphi
http://members.aol.com/clipfunc/

William Wester wrote:

> It must be simple but I can't find it.

> How do I move a MEMO field from a dBASE record to a STRING variable?
> I'm only getting the first part of it right now.

> thanks, bill wester

Other Threads